Winning ugly

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I don't see the Cowboys doing much this season. Lame duck coaching staff, players lacking football focus, a culture of entitlement and mediocrity; we could be looking at an 8 or 9 win season and no playoffs. They will be losing uglier than they win.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not so sure the offensive line or running game are upgraded….i hope it is but I don’t see our offensive line bullying people. I think we miss Tyron and Biadiz.
The OL is full of nothing but bullies.

We won't miss Biadasz at all. He was seriously over rated and got knocked back into the backfield far too often.

The deal with Tyron is injuries. Can he be counted on to stay healthy? I'm glad we moved on with Guyton.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the offense won't be as explosive, but the defense will be improved especially against the run (fingers crossed). I can see us winning quite a few 19-17 or 20-17 games.
Disagree,

we're going into the season with almost the same exact core part of this team on both sides of the football with an improvement on using Turpin, tolbert ,and maybe even cropper, looks better for our wide receiver depth, furgeson ca only get better?.. At running back ,I don't see a big difference but I bet they can create a better run game with this more physical younger hungrier offensive line...

Literally the core of this offense is coming back and we were the top scoring team in the NFL your idea of explosive it's ridiculous because you could put together a 30 point game not being explosive that is what Mike McCarthy's offense does is moves the football down the field they have some of the longest drives in the NFL I realize mistakes can happen but I don't know what your definition of explosive is supposed to be but we pretty much have the same offense as last year you know the top scoring offense in the league... Or at least one of them I know they scored more touchdowns than anybody else if that's not explosive to you then you're only looking for the greatest show on turf instead of an offense that's efficient get the ball down the field and figures out a way to score... We don't know how any of this is gonna look but you thinking we're gonna win a lot of 2017 games you're overrating the improvements on defense... I'll take games like that that's how the 90s teams won you're trying to tell me the 90s teams were explosive they used to run game short passes they didn't ask Troy to do anything it was pretty much set up just like now... You don't need to be explosive to be effective.. You showed me a team in the last five years from the Dallas Cowboys under Mike McCarthy that scored a lot of those games like that are you are you kidding me?

This is the second season in this offense the offense is gonna actually grow and I hope they'll be better or at least on par with last year...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The OL is full of nothing but bullies.

We won't miss Biadasz at all. He was seriously over rated and got knocked back into the backfield far too often.

The deal with Tyron is injuries. Can he be counted on to stay healthy? I'm glad we moved on with Guyton.
I get it you don’t like them but that doesn’t mean that rookies will be an upgrade. This is the approach this front office takes and it’s bothersome.

Creeper

Reaction score
I expect the offense will be less consistent than they were last year, due mostly to the younger guys on the OL who will make mistakes here and there. Losing Pollard's speed may hurt a little too, but otherwise I think the running game will be the same or better.

I worry the defense will be worse than last year. If they don't get better at DT, I worry teams will run on them even more than last year. I also worry they will not have the same pass rush as last year. Less pressure will mean fewer turnovers, more third and 4th down conversions, and longer drives - more scoring drives.

IMO, the Cowboys are going to be on the losing side of some blowouts in 2024.