Winston

Flamma

Reaction score
Holy smokes I’m talking the Brees Sean P era not Archie Manning and bags over heads. Heck if you go far back enough the Patriots were horse drops until Brady Belichick. The Saints fan not accustomed to 8-9 record with as many turnovers as touchdowns. That’s for Lions fans to enjoy

Saints fans will just go back to their roots of garbage football and like it. They have one of the more dismal history's in the NFL. Pure trash year in and year out. Decade after decade of stink. They started in the 60s some time and have only had 5 or 6 winning seasons before Brees. Their first playoff appearance was in 1987. Their first and only playoff win before Brees was in 2000. Then right back to the malaise until Brees. Almost half a century of fetid, malodorous play cannot be washed away by a single quarterback. They will simply revert back to who we knew. Who we thought they were. Garbage!

RonWashington

Reaction score
Ok I guess all those contending years under Brees and Sean were a mirage . Give the SB trophy back . As long as Payton coaches the Saints they have a shot at the division maybe more. But not with the 2 QB’s he’s got now. If the Watson situation wasn’t such a mess he would be a natural to team up with Kamara Thomas and the gang .

Flamma

Reaction score
Ok I guess all those contending years under Brees and Sean were a mirage . Give the SB trophy back . As long as Payton coaches the Saints they have a shot at the division maybe more. But not with the 2 QB’s he’s got now. If the Watson situation wasn’t such a mess he would be a natural to team up with Kamara Thomas and the gang .

What did they really accomplish in the Brees/Peyton era? A supposed match made in heaven. In 15 years they got to one SB and won it. They went 9-7 in the playoffs. They had 9 winning seasons out of 15. Besides the SB year they appeared in 2 other NFC championship games in 15 years. Ok, they were a halfway decent team during this time with Brees. A lot better than what the Cowboys have done over the past 25 years. But lets not pretend they were some juggernaut. They were a better than average team that flashed on occasion. Nothing more.

RonWashington

Reaction score
What did they really accomplish in the Brees/Peyton era? A supposed match made in heaven. In 15 years they got to one SB and won it. They went 9-7 in the playoffs. They had 9 winning seasons out of 15. Besides the SB year they appeared in 2 other NFC championship games in 15 years. Ok, they were a halfway decent team during this time with Brees. A lot better than what the Cowboys have done over the past 25 years. But lets not pretend they were some juggernaut. They were a better than average team that flashed on occasion. Nothing more.

One more SB then Dallas has in that time frame . Mediocrity since Barry went back to his couch in Norman . I’m not arguing Saints history with anyone just an observation if NO wants to contend again it’s not going to happen with the QB’s they have. If you think Winston can get it done we disagree it’s that simple

Flamma

Reaction score
One more SB then Dallas has in that time frame . Mediocrity since Barry went back to his couch in Norman . I’m not arguing Saints history with anyone just an observation if NO wants to contend again it’s not going to happen with the QB’s they have. If you think Winston can get it done we disagree it’s that simple

The Cardinals have one more SB appearance than us in that time frame. It doesn't make them a successful team. Do I think Winston is the answer? I think Jameis is garbage!!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Is Sean Payton still a genius coach? Or was Brees covering up a lot of Payton’s deficiencies?

Saban would probably still be coaching in Miami if he and the Dolphins would have signed Brees.

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Cardinals have one more SB appearance than us in that time frame. It doesn't make them a successful team. Do I think Winston is the answer? I think Jameis is garbage!!

Cardinals lost the SB and let’s keep it real they have not have nearly the success the Saints have had.

terra

Reaction score
I sense some personal animosity there. The saints have been contenders for almost 15 years straight until Brees left. In the last 15 years outside of the Steelers, Packers and Patriots who else was that consistently in the mix?

Flamma

Reaction score
I sense some personal animosity there. The saints have been contenders for almost 15 years straight until Brees left. In the last 15 years outside of the Steelers, Packers and Patriots who else was that consistently in the mix?

My was joking around with that post. But nothing in there was false. Yes they were consistently in the mix, but not for the entire 15 years.