(WIP) Pam Oliver: McNabb said more stuff and I didn't even mention it.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
The hosts said that Pam Oliver said that Donovan McNabb told her more revealing things about his current situation with the Eagles. They said that she purposely didn't mention some of those things to protect him.

This is why she is so miffed about him throwing her under the bus.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PFT

POSTED 8:17 p.m. EST, December 17, 2007

PAM OLIVER STANDS BY McNABB COMMENTS

FOX reporter Pam Oliver has responded to the comments of Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb regarding his comments to her that were reported during Sunday's game between Philly and Dallas.

"I just feel like our relationship is definitely broken," Oliver told the News Journal of Wilmington, Delaware on Monday. "It's not easy to be called a big, fat liar. You wake up to that and it's unpleasant."

Here are her remarks from Sunday, which caused the whole conundrum: "Donovan really seems to believe that his days in Philadelphia are numbered. When I spoke with him before the game, I got the impression that Donovan is a little hurt by what he sees as an organization distancing itself from him and an organization that’s overly concerned about the negative fan reaction to him.

"But Donovan told me point blank: 'My knee is not an issue. The next place I go, I will win,' and also that he will keep a smile on his face for as long he's in an Eagles uniform."

Actually, Oliver said that McNabb's comments about the team were more pointed than she portrayed them to be, and that she toned them down in order to avoid getting him in hot water.

"My only professional regret is: Why on Earth did I bend over backwards to make it less impactful?," she said. "And then wake up to . . . to someone throwing you under bus like that.

"All I can tell you is I stand by it 100 percent," she said. "It's on-my-mother's-grave accurate. That's the bottom line."

---------------------------

Article:
TV reporter stands by her account of McNabb's discontent
By GEOFF MOSHER, The News Journal

Posted Monday, December 17, 2007 at 6:39 pm

Donovan McNabb and Terrell Owens embraced on the field Sunday following the Eagles' 10-6 upset of Dallas at Texas Stadium.

But while one fractured relationship may be under repair, McNabb appears to have ruptured another.

Fox sports sideline reporter Pam Oliver told The News Journal on Monday that she can't trust the Eagles quarterback anymore after he public denied the accuracy of her report during Fox's broadcast of the NFC showdown.

"I just feel like our relationship is definitely broken," Oliver said in a phone interview. "It's not easy to be called a big, fat liar. You wake up to that and it's unpleasant."

In her report, Oliver said her pre-game discussion with McNabb led her to believe McNabb felt his days with the Eagles were "numbered" and the organization was purposely distancing itself from the five-time Pro Bowl quarterback.

These were Oliver's words Sunday: “Donovan really seems to believe that his days in Philadelphia are numbered. When I spoke with him before the game, I got the impression that Donovan is a little hurt by what he sees as an organization distancing itself from him and an organization that’s overly concerned about the negative fan reaction to him.

”But Donovan told me point blank: ’My knee is not an issue. The next place I go, I will win,’ and also that he will keep a smile on his face for as long he’s in an Eagles uniform.“

After the game, McNabb told reporters that Oliver had drawn her own conclusions and that none of those statements were true.

"I didn't say that," McNabb responded. ""I don't feel that way. I've said I want to be here eight more, nine more years. If that's possible, we'll see."

Oliver is still struggling to come to grips with basically being called a liar. Not only did McNabb make those remarks, she said, but he sounded off without much provocation on her end.

She said McNabb vented frustrations to her and that, "I asked him one question and there was this barrage [of responses]."

Oliver said she was mentoring a young woman trying to learn more about the television industry when she and the woman walked close to McNabb while he threw warm-up passes on the sideline before the game.

She said he waited for the right time for McNabb to give her the signal that two could talk. The conversation lasted about five minutes, she estimated, and she recalled asking only four questions.

To ensure she kept eye contact with McNabb while they spoke for about five minutes, Oliver said she didn't take notes until after the conversation had ended.

Former NFL wide receiver and current ESPN analyst Keyshawn Johnson once accused Oliver of fabricating a report that the receiver had yelled at then-assistant Sean Payton during a 2004 Dallas loss at Green Bay.

Oliver insisted that McNabb understood his comments were on the record and all part of the normal pre-game routine between reporters and NFL players. She called McNabb's remarks "all volunteered comments."

"Don has a degree in communications [from Syracuse University]," she said. "He knows how TV works. He knows how the media works. You can't trip him up. All interviews I've ever done with him, you can't get him to say something he didn't want to say."

Oliver also said she purposely withheld some of McNabb's more pointed remarks about the organization to keep him from getting in trouble.

"My only professional regret is: Why on Earth did I bend over backwards to make it less impactful?," she said. "And then wake up to … to someone throwing you under bus like that."

"All I can tell you is I stand by it 100 percent," she later added. "It's on-my-mother's-grave accurate. That's the bottom line."

What surprised Oliver the most is that she considered McNabb a trustworthy source and felt the two had developed a strong business relationship stemming from multiple interviews she conducted with the Eagles' ninth-year quarterback dating back to his rookie season.

Now, she feels back-stabbed to the point where she can't envision a scenario where the two could talk openly again.

"I can't imagine reaching out to him or him reaching out to me and it being an honest conversation," she said. "I felt like I had had an honest conversation and he called me a liar."

Contact Geoff Mosher at gemosher@delawareonline.com.

For complete Eagles coverage, see The News Journal and www.delawareonline.com

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071217/SPORTS/71217062/1002

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Man, the fans really hate McNabb.

One caller is even suggesting that McNabb is responsible for injuring Westbrook's knee.

Claimed McNabb threw a bad pass to Westbrook and he had to adjust to make the great catch and hurt his knee.

Next up...McNabb was on the Grassy Knoll :laugh2: .

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1842350 said:
Man, the fans really hate McNabb.

One caller is even suggesting that McNabb is responsible for injuring Westbrook's knee.

Claimed McNabb threw a bad pass to Westbrook and he had to adjust to make the great catch and hurt his knee.

Next up...McNabb was on the Grassy Knoll :laugh2: .

Next up... McNabb is the real reason why the greatest WR they ever had is not STILL on the team. :eek: Could it be?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Pam oliver defends the players alot.

Jon kitna told her going into the half against the lions that the league was trying to help dallas win and they want Dallas to win so they didnt call the two pass interference penalties. That is what pam told Kristie scales.

Kristie Scales repeated that over the airwaves on the cowboys radio network, however when pam oliver talked about it she said something to the effect of jon kitna told me he was upset. she didnt even mention that he ran over to her specifically to make a stink.

so I believe pam oliver. I have the audio to prove it to!!!!

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
In truth McNabb said Pam put on some weight and he wanted to get a better look at her goods.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Blue&Silver;1842473 said:
In truth McNabb said Pam put on some weight and he wanted to get a better look at her goods.

Thats a lie.... you dont have to get close to get a better look :laugh2:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Blue&Silver;1842473 said:

Her goods look good.

pam-oliver-400x.jpg

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
"I didn't say that," McNabb responded. ""I don't feel that way. I've said I want to be here eight more, nine more years. If that's possible, we'll see."

We can only hope.:pray:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Chief;1842487 said:
Her goods look good.

pam-oliver-400x.jpg

Yes them does. :D

The thing that gets me is, .. we had this issue a couple of years back between McNabb, the Iggles, and T.O., .. right??

Everyone immediately blamed T.O. for everything back then. And it was always poor Donovan McNabb, T.O. is a cancer.

Now since then, nobody has tried to make McNabb look bad because of it, but he continually makes himself look bad with his actions and his comments. (Garcia, Pam Oliver, etc, to name a few) So even though nobody is coming after him, he continues to come out of it looking like the dork.

But since their altercation, all of the media has continually tried to make Owens look bad, tried to trip him up to say something controversial, so they can say, "see, T.O. is at it again." Always coming after him. And yet he continues to take the high road.

After observing the actions of McNabb and Owens since the blowup in Philly, .. is there any doubt now as to who was the real "jerk" in that mess?

Not to me.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
what a bad photographer, he should have moved the camera down a little, and used a bit more zoom. :mad: