(WIP Radio) Cowboys have a team that can compete for a decade... depressing

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Recap of WIP Radio segment below

Sunday's game is all about how far apart the two teams are

For eagles fans, it is all about how to compete with the Dallas Cowboys

We don't know who our QB is going to be. If you don't have stability there it is going to be a long journey

If they switch QBs, they could be close to the Cowboys quicker than they would with McNabb

McNabb is just like Allen Iverson, at some point he had to go, you were not going to be a consistent contender with him

Looking back at McNabb's time in Philly, sucks that the Eagles didn't put enough weapons around him

Can you win a Super Bowl in the next couple of years, should be the determining factor whether Donovan McNabb stays or not

Order of business number one is to keep Dallas from winning the division for a decade

They started breaking down the two teams

Cowboys QB > Eagles QB
Philly HB > Cowboys HB, Jones is horrible but Barber is good
Cowboys WRs > Philly WRs
Cowboys OL > Philly OL
Cowboys DL > Philly DL
Cowboys LBs > Philly LBs
Cowboys secondary > Philly Secondary, a push but cowboys are better bu I don't like their safeties
Cowboys ST > Philly ST

Note:The hosts said the majority of the time on their show they are going to be discussing whether Eagles fans like McNabb or T.O (along with the Baseball stuff).

superpunk

Reaction score
A decade is pretty generous. But with the age of alot of the team, and particularly Romo, you'd have to go with 5 years Fo'sho'.

I like the phrasing of "order of business number one". Obsession. ;)

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
:D Why is it that whenever someone has a QB in Decline they think they can switch him out and things will get better? It could take years before you find someone good at that position.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
they are acting like the eagles are atlanta.

They are not that bad. I think the game sunday is going to be close, very close. I am not even sure we win this week.

If you look at the stats they are almost identical to us. They have lost close games and have alot of turnovers.

A good draft and they are fine.

I really hope we win this game. I have a feeling they are going to pound away on us like last year to keep it away from romo and then play a safer form of defense.

I will take a win sunday Anyway we can get it.

Woods

Reaction score
I think we should remind the Philly broadcasters, fans, etc. that we also have two first rounders next year. :D

They may be later round picks in the 1st, but hey, we can still get two very good players there.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Its funny because.... "at the end of the day"

the Eagles dominant run ALWAYS came up short.... the smart Eagles fan knows that the winning of the east in the past means just about nothing because they didnt follow up with a SB.

They really blew it with Owens though... they finally get a GREAT WR to help them and McNabb throws it away because he didnt read "Little T learns to share"

:laugh2:

the most powerful emoticon in internet history

:trophy:

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
YoMick;1832669 said:
Its funny because.... "at the end of the day"

the Eagles dominant run ALWAYS came up short.... the smart Eagles fan knows that the winning of the east in the past means just about nothing because they didnt follow up with a SB.

They really blew it with Owens though... they finally get a GREAT WR to help them and McNabb throws it away because he didnt read "Little T learns to share"

the most powerful emoticon in internet history

:trophy:

i would follow :trophy: with this:popcorn:

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
superpunk;1832514 said:
A decade is pretty generous. But with the age of alot of the team, and particularly Romo, you'd have to go with 5 years Fo'sho'.

I like the phrasing of "order of business number one". Obsession. ;)

I think this offseason will have a big impact on the long term success of the franchise.

If they use the draft to shore up a few key positions that are aging (WR, CB) and find another RB to pair with Barber, I think that could be very true.

I'm a little worried Jerry might sell the farm for McFadden. I don't think the team needs to spend that much to get a complement to Barber.

LT is also a critical position. If Free or McQuistan can play in the league, that will be a big help. I really don't want Dallas to overpay for Flozell next year.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
NY Daily News:

EAGLES AT COWBOYS
4:15 p.m. Cowboys by 10 1/2, 48 1/2

JIM DANDIES: This is nothing more than a hunch, but look for the Cowboys, who have clinched the NFC East title and have a one-game lead for best record in the conference, to have a letdown against the Eagles (5-8). Dallas may find a way to pull out a win, but this one could be closer than expected. Philly has lost three straight, but by totals of three, four and three points, respectively, against the Patriots, Seahawks and Giants. Dallas beat the Eagles, 38-17, in Week 9, but it still had plenty to play for - plus Terrell Owens was fired up to return to Philly. After playing at such a high level all season, the 'Boys are due to take a couple of quarters off. The Eagles are 3-3 on the road, as opposed to 2-5 at home.
----------------------------------------------------

A 12-1 team "may" find a way to pull it off? Interesting.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;1832736 said:
NY Daily News:

EAGLES AT COWBOYS
4:15 p.m. Cowboys by 10 1/2, 48 1/2

JIM DANDIES: This is nothing more than a hunch, but look for the Cowboys, who have clinched the NFC East title and have a one-game lead for best record in the conference, to have a letdown against the Eagles (5-8). Dallas may find a way to pull out a win, but this one could be closer than expected. Philly has lost three straight, but by totals of three, four and three points, respectively, against the Patriots, Seahawks and Giants. Dallas beat the Eagles, 38-17, in Week 9, but it still had plenty to play for - plus Terrell Owens was fired up to return to Philly. After playing at such a high level all season, the 'Boys are due to take a couple of quarters off. The Eagles are 3-3 on the road, as opposed to 2-5 at home.
----------------------------------------------------

A 12-1 team "may" find a way to pull it off? Interesting.

I think it will be a close game. it all depends on if they wanna play us hard because it's "Dallas week":rolleyes: or if they are packing it in cause there season is over.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Rampage;1832755 said:
I think it will be a close game. it all depends on if they wanna play us hard because it's "Dallas week":rolleyes: or if they are packing it in cause there season is over.

I don't know about all the tiebreaker but they could still get in if they ran the table and get some help from other teams.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bbgun;1832736 said:
This is nothing more than a hunch, but look for the Cowboys, who have clinched the NFC East title and have a one-game lead for best record in the conference, to have a letdown against the Eagles (5-8). Dallas may find a way to pull out a win, but this one could be closer than expected.

Dallas has ALREADY won their TWO letdown games :D

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;1832755 said:

Of course the Eagles have a chance. But the columnist made it sound like we were 1-12.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
i think jerry is going to get mcfadden...three firsts will get it done...2 this year and one next

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Westbrook is the guy who always seems to give us a headache these days when we play Philly. Reminds me of a guy named Wilbert Montgomery, who also played for Philly and he would give us headaches back then as well when we played Philly. Ron Jaworski throwing to Harold Carmichael and Montgomery running and catching it out of the backfield like Westbrook.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think that NY blurb missed it by a week. Detroit was our letdown game. It was on the road, against an unfamiliar opponent in a slump, a rare noon game... All the ingredients were there. Even as I was watching that game and it didn't look good for us, I was thinking, "Well, we probably weren't going 15-1 anyway. But at least we'll kill the Eagles now."

Even though we ended up winning, I think that Lions game still woke us up. I'm not saying it'll be as easy as last time, but I think Philly is in trouble this week.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
There was a great McNabb X-Mas song played a few days ago on WIP that was hysterical. It was the "Let it Snow" song changed to "Let him go", led by, "Oh, the play of McNabb is frightening...". If anyone can dig up an audio file and post it, it'd be well worth it. :)