News: Wisconsin hires ex-Cowboys assistant Gary Brown to coach RBs after health-related hiatus

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wisconsin hires ex-Cowboys assistant Gary Brown to coach RBs

gary-brown.jpg

MADISON, Wis. (AP) Former Dallas Cowboys running backs coach Gary Brown is returning to football after a one-year, health-related absence and taking the same position at Wisconsin. Brown coached Cowboys running backs from 2013-19 while working on a staff headed by Jason Garrett. Brown spent 2020 out of coaching while he battled cancer.

Read Full Story

Sage3030

Reaction score
I vividly remember when Lorenzo White got hurt in ‘93 and Brown took over(8 games left in season) and put up 1000 yards. It was quite a year for him and quite the performance. Lorenzo was not doing as well that year when he went down(almost 500 yards through 8 games) so it was quite the jump in production from the rb position in the run and shoot offense.

Good luck Gary!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I vividly remember when Lorenzo White got hurt in ‘93 and Brown took over(8 games left in season) and put up 1000 yards. It was quite a year for him and quite the performance. Lorenzo was not doing as well that year when he went down(almost 500 yards through 8 games) so it was quite the jump in production from the rb position in the run and shoot offense.

Good luck Gary!
Was that with the Titans?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
he was playin' for the houston oilers at the time.
i think jerry glanville was their h.c.
when the oilers moved to tennessee...i dont think he was on the team.
memory is fuzzy.
Yeah, it's been a while. I just remember those names wearing those team colors. I still root for the titans as if they are the oilers.

cowboyec

Reaction score
That one year I just knew the Oilers were going to beat the Steelers in the playoffs but didn't happen.
yup...renfro got screwed.
he was in.
shoulda been a td.
i think that one was up there.
always thought it woulda been cool to have seen a Cowboys v Oilers Super Bowl.
The Fedora vs The Stetson.
Tony D vs Earl.
woulda been epic.
like Cowboys vs Raiders.