Wishing changes were sign of things to come.

Reaction score
This is a story about two football players-one good, one great. Both have storied paths brought on by themselves. Both are self-centered prima-donnas. Both play/played for the Dallas Cowboys. Both, I hope, have very limited futures here.
  • You can say what you want about the latest Adam Jones incident, but the Commish deemed it a clear violation of the agreement that allowed Jones to officially play again for the NFL. The agreement clearly stated that no alcohol be consumed anytime, anywhere. Period. Jones drank anyway, then was in the company of the guards that were hired to make sure he stayed out of trouble. You decide on your own just how wise that was.
  • Terrell Owens' history with the Cowboys has been a real roller-coaster. One minute, you think he's finally gotten the whole "do it for the team" deal down, then you watch a press conference where he complains that is the team would have just thrown him the ball more, (17 just weren't enough, I guess).
There are others on the team who are "legends in their own minds", but these two stand above & alone.

The silver lining to ridding ourselves of these paria began the past week or so. First, the Jones incident. Second, Jerry Jones finally signed WR Roy Williams in the "eleventh hour" from the Detriot Lions. The cost was next year's 1st, 3rd, & 6th round draft picks. Not bad, since we currently own the Lion's 2nd or 3rd pick, and the pick we get back from the Titans when the Jone's trade deal sinks.

I pray this writing on the wall means both Owens & Jones are gone before the 2009 season begins.

EndGame

Reaction score
TO isn't going anywhere. Pacman Jones ... well, I hope he isn't on the team next year, but I suspect if he's allowed to play he will be in Dallas.

Mash

Reaction score
TO isnt going anywhere......it would be foolish to think we would be better if he did.

When TO is involved in the offense.....we usually win.

Roy Williams will be a great asset and will become I hope the go to WR in the near future......

So far TO has been a great teammate and player here for Dallas.....Sure he is a media moth.....mainly because of his past antics......but I really dont see or feel that Owens has been anything but a positive player here.

JMHO

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Cogan;2364434 said:
This is a story about two football players-one good, one great. Both have storied paths brought on by themselves. Both are self-centered prima-donnas. Both play/played for the Dallas Cowboys. Both, I hope, have very limited futures here.
  • You can say what you want about the latest Adam Jones incident, but the Commish deemed it a clear violation of the agreement that allowed Jones to officially play again for the NFL. The agreement clearly stated that no alcohol be consumed anytime, anywhere. Period. Jones drank anyway, then was in the company of the guards that were hired to make sure he stayed out of trouble. You decide on your own just how wise that was.
  • Terrell Owens' history with the Cowboys has been a real roller-coaster. One minute, you think he's finally gotten the whole "do it for the team" deal down, then you watch a press conference where he complains that is the team would have just thrown him the ball more, (17 just weren't enough, I guess).
There are others on the team who are "legends in their own minds", but these two stand above & alone.

The silver lining to ridding ourselves of these paria began the past week or so. First, the Jones incident. Second, Jerry Jones finally signed WR Roy Williams in the "eleventh hour" from the Detriot Lions. The cost was next year's 1st, 3rd, & 6th round draft picks. Not bad, since we currently own the Lion's 2nd or 3rd pick, and the pick we get back from the Titans when the Jone's trade deal sinks.

I pray this writing on the wall means both Owens & Jones are gone before the 2009 season begins.
LOL why would you hope TO is gone. So we can make another big trade for another one?

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
and for the umpteenth time..........T.O. wasnt complaining about not getting ball more.........he was asked if he thought he should get ball more...he gave the same answer 99.9 % of all Wrs would answer........but it gets treated as if he went searching for cameras and was mad and went on a tirade ...........

BHendri5

Reaction score
AS T.O. would say "Dude" I love me some me. anyway you really need to research the facts first, and not just take what the media cuts and edit to make people look bad.

This team needs Owens, he will be here in 09 and 10, so will Jones, at least 09.

By the way, Witten was thrown at 14/15 times that same game, and he caught 9 passes, the rest were uncatchable as were the other 10 that Owens did not catch.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
T.O. is going to be here probably for 3 more years and I agree with him. He needs to get the ball more....so do our other receivers.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Cogan;2364434 said:

You(and many others) probably don't want to admit it, but we would prolly be 2-5 without Jones, why? Of the 16 passes defended, Jones has 11 of them. He's been that good for us on the field-we prolly would have lost the Cincy and Cleveland games without him(and Newman played neither).

BTW-get your facts straight about the Owens comments, please.