Wishing the Dan Reeves Deal Didn't Tank

Gadfly22

Reaction score
I have no idea about how Dan Reeves would have fit in -- whether he would have made things worse or better, whether his advice would have been good or even taken.

But I have to think he would have brought a different vision to the offense and that he would have had the experience to understand how to make adjustments on the fly (as Martz did yesterday). Garrett may develop into an offensive powerhouse as coach someday, but right now he's learning on the job, and I fear he has no one to rein him in or give him practical advice.

Maybe adding Reeves would have been a case of "too many cooks". But he's one cook I wish was in Jerry's kitchen right about now.

Wood

Reaction score
Gadfly22;3574425 said:
I have no idea about how Dan Reeves would have fit in -- whether he would have made things worse or better, whether his advice would have been good or even taken.

But I have to think he would have brought a different vision to the offense and that he would have had the experience to understand how to make adjustments on the fly (as Martz did yesterday). Garrett may develop into an offensive powerhouse as coach someday, but right now he's learning on the job, and I fear he has no one to rein him in or give him practical advice.

Maybe adding Reeves would have been a case of "too many cooks". But he's one cook I wish was in Jerry's kitchen right about now.

Dan Reeves is a Realic. Dallas needs youth...aggressive youth at the coaching levels.

7footer

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this a lot lately as well.

I'm not sure if it would have been the answer, but I think it would have helped.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
We need one of those hip, cool young coaches who make cool faces into the camera. When you make cool faces into the camera, that means you're a really great coach. When you combine a cool face with an emphatic fist pump, it's unstoppable.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Gadfly22;3574425 said:

I have been thinking about the Dan Reeves deal since week 1... Funny thing about it... I was originally against the deal. :p: I wanted Shanny so badly I could taste it.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Wood;3574440 said:
Dan Reeves is a Realic. Dallas needs youth...aggressive youth at the coaching levels.

Garrett just needs someone in his ear. Someone to bounce ideas off. Someone to give him the basics and fundamentals of football and coaching. His game plans are fine. He can draw up plays. He needs to know the small nuances. That's what's missing from his play calling, and I have been more critical than anyone.

In that respect, Dan Reeves would be perfect. A young aggressive coach would not work in that role.

I wish Garrett was here when Parcells was here. He could have learned a lot from Parcells and would be better off today. He would probably be ready to be HC and Jerruh would not have brought in Wade . . . .

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3574598 said:
We need one of those hip, cool young coaches who make cool faces into the camera. When you make cool faces into the camera, that means you're a really great coach. When you combine a cool face with an emphatic fist pump, it's unstoppable.

But Wade does a real good fist pump!

bysbox1

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3575363 said:
I actually think he could be a good stop gap HC. Demote Wade to DC.

My gut says he could be. But the game may have passed him by a bit.