With 1st Pick, OL or DL?

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
there's a good chance these two players will be available when the cowboys pick; Which would you prefer? Or which do you see as better value and greater impact from the first year, Kenyon Green OL or DeMarvin Leal, DT?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, both are big needs. What the Cowboys need to do is sort of a Mike Ditka type draft, except giving up all the draft picks for one player, do it for 3 players, or 2 if that's the best he can do. This team doesn't need more average players, they have enough of those.

DT, OG and S should be the 3 picks.

With only 7 rounds of the draft there are plenty of JAGs they can sign cheap for the players they lose to free agency that they don't want to or can't keep.
Of course, you've got to keep the receiving corps and the DE's intact, can't rebuild the team in one year....

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We go through this draft season .....projecting DT or S with a 1st round pick. At some point fans will accept Jerry and Stephen do not value these positions enough to burn a 1st round pick.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Whatever happens with Cooper and Lawrence will way heavily on the 1st couple picks.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We go through this draft season .....projecting DT or S with a 1st round pick. At some point fans will accept Jerry and Stephen do not value these positions enough to burn a 1st round pick.

I don't agree totally, at this point. Before the SB, I would have.

But Jerry loves flash, and Donald's performance in the SB might catch Jerry's eye, Donald basically won the game, in the final sense, by his sacks of Burrow at the end of the game.

I remember Jerry's "We got our war daddy now" comment with Lawrence, as if one player on a mediocre team can turn it around to a top contender. He got all fired up over Zeke as well. Chased after Deion (which was a smart move only in that it got Dallas one more SB, one without Jimmy as the coach, but greatly contributed to ruining the cap for years after that, and by extension chances to get yet another SB).

So, it would not surprise me if Jerry/Stephen//Quinn didn't take a DT at 24, or even move up to get one. Though as I said I don't agree totally, but I'm not saying you might not have it pegged correctly...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Green, he will have a larger impact for this team who has to fix their run game.

Can he play guard and tackle and center?

That'd be great, all 3 need improvement. But LG most of all, so if he can only play one position that needs to be it...

fivetwos

Reaction score
The regression of Biadasz and McGovern are especially hurtful.

3rd 4th and 5th rounders used for a draft only team...

The defense needs another draft to complete it but now they need to use their top resources to fix the expensive offense.

I guess thats a better proposition than firing the OL coach and finding someone who can get something out of these guys.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
IMO, DeMarvin Leal is a Tank replacement. So you tell me whether Dallas lets him or Gregory go, and I will tell you if I'd take him or Green.

Both should be solid starters in the Nfl with high ceilings.

Carson

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are going to be shocked when oline isn't the selection
I will take it one step further.

A lot of people are going to be shocked when we only add 2-3 OL/DL total

Acceptablename

Reaction score
there's a good chance these two players will be available when the cowboys pick; Which would you prefer? Or which do you see as better value and greater impact from the first year, Kenyon Green OL or DeMarvin Leal, DT?
There is less then positive support for Leal where as Green seems to have it

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm good with either, i'd take whoever we have graded higher.

My personal opinion is Green is the safer pick, Leal has the higher ceiling, but feels very boom or bust.