With all the complaints about the offense's sluggishness...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theogt said:
I really don't think the offense has been that bad from the reports I've read. I would hope that our schemes are complex enough that we wouldn't be able to get timing down in 3-4 days.

true - we simply won't know how the offense *really* is until we hit game time and a few pre-season games are under our belt. same to be said for our D.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silver said:
the offense will come around once flo & co hit on all 8 cilinders.

That's a major assumption there. I am not at all convinced we don't have huge problems still on the OL. Color me less than optimistic.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We will always have problems with the o-line .........

Heck everyone keeps talking about the great o-line in the early 90's .....

But that 0-line caused a hall of fame qb to have to retire in his early 30's.

I think we have enouth talent .,....... just have to get all on the same page.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Sarge said:
That's a major assumption there. I am not at all convinced we don't have huge problems still on the OL. Color me less than optimistic.

Our Oline will be better then most people think this year. They will be a bright spot this season....

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
Our Oline will be better then most people think this year. They will be a bright spot this season....

wow - that's taking a flyer on hope.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mansta54 said:

We'll see........

Mansta54

Reaction score
Sarge said:
We'll see........

Yep!!! I truely believe they will be very good this year. The heat is on them and so is BP. I do like Gurode at center too. He's playing well right now...

ghst187

Reaction score
obviously we don't know exactly why the offense isn't looking sharp but let's look at what we do know:

1) Our secondary has been very good in camp thus far which will certainly make it hard to complete passes. Sounds like our LBs are even covering pretty well. (I think our secondary may end up being the best in the league this year, esp if Watkins makes the starting FS position and keeps playing like he has so far in camp.)
2) TO hasn't practiced in a few days, that's our #1 WR threat and he needs time to synch with our QBs
3) We knew the OL was going to have some changes, some new players, a guy coming off a serious injury, and take some time to gel
4) Our defense was mostly set as a unit and has a lot of players now in their second year who are dramatically improved
5) A vast majority of our draft picks last few years have been on defense so the weight of our talent right now is there
6) Our defense was pretty good last year
7) Our offense wasn't that good last year
8) its easier and quicker for a defense (less moving parts) to gel than an offense

Overall, I think the chips are stacked in favor of the defense at this point in the season plus we knew we had a long way to go on the offensive side of the ball. Not really surprising to hear that our offense wasn't having that much success against our defense, even with TO (and esp without him).

DLCassidy

Reaction score
These threads happen every year because every year the defense is a few weeks ahead of the offense.