News: With James Hanna out for Sunday’s game, rookie Geoff Swaim expected to make NFL debut

CCBoy

Reaction score
With James Hanna out for Sunday’s game, rookie Geoff Swaim expected to make NFL debut

By Drew Davison

Cowboys tight end James Hanna has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against Philadelphia.

Hanna continues to be bothered by a troublesome knee, and didn’t even make the trip with the team. With Hanna out, rookie Geoff Swaim is expected to be on the game-day roster and make his NFL debut.

Swaim, a University of Texas product, was inactive for the season opener against the Giants, as the Cowboys did not need four tight ends.

Hanna, 26, initially injured his knee in the Cowboys’ first preseason game against the Chargers. He has since returned and was active for the Giants game, but has been slowed by it recently.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...orner-blog/article35824974.html#storylink=cpy

Ken

Reaction score
This isn't insignifigant. Hanna is a big part of our running game and is one of the better run blocking TEs in the league.

Just taking shot after shot in the early going....

JDSmith

Reaction score
This isn't insignifigant. Hanna is a big part of our running game and is one of the better run blocking TEs in the league.

Just taking shot after shot in the early going....

We never throw the ball to him. Seems to me, and I will freely admit that I don't know squat, that we could have them line up La'el Collins in his spot if we want to go jumbo.

links18

Reaction score
First we are hearing of this all week is on Sunday?