With respect to our RB situation, I think there

Woods

Reaction score
is a strong possibility that we replace/upgrade both J Jones and T Thompson.

While I think that we will draft a RB to fill one of the voids, we may go the veteran route to fill the other slot.

Aside from Turner, I was going through FA RBs who may be available to us for depth purposes, and there are quite a few names who may fill certain roles for the team next season.

Guys like

D Ward from the NYG, assuming he's 100% healthy. He had over 600 yards rushing in 2007 with a 4.8 avg. He's still young, and seems to be able to catch the bell well enough too.

J Fargas, Raiders. Again, a productive season in 2007, and a healthy rushing average. I think he's got good speed as well.

M Moore, Minn.

T. Bell, Lions. Good speed as well.

R Cartwright, Commanders. Would make a great special teamer on kickoff returns, etc.

While I think that Turner would probably cost quite a bit and would likely want to be a starter, I think several of the names mentioned above may fit a combined rushing tandem nicely and be more affordable.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
with the oline coach we have being very good(track record wise) with run blocking I would think a guy like Thompson would fit well in that role.

and he would be dirt cheap

Woods

Reaction score
Let me add two other names that I forgot to include in the original list . . . .

C Brown, Tenn

J Chatman, Miami Chatman had 128 rushes for 515 yards for 4.0 avg plus another 27 receptions in 2007.

Woods

Reaction score
stealth;1929743 said:
with the oline coach we have being very good(track record wise) with run blocking I would think a guy like Thompson would fit well in that role.

and he would be dirt cheap

I think TT would be cheap, but I think a guy like Chatman or Cartwright or Ward could add a lot more to our roster - even if it is only on Special Teams (i.e., Cartwright).

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think we will draft the #2 and the #3 will be one of those FAs. Chatman I think would be the best fit because of his versatility.