With Terry Glenn unfortunately no longer an option...

sago1

Reaction score
I guess we are back to WR Matt Jones of the Jags again. Anybody interested in him? sarcasim j/k

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I sure hope Jerry has had a back up plan this whole time. Crayton is nice, but we are too close to a superbowl to roll the dice with TO and Crayton.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2158971 said:
I sure hope Jerry has had a back up plan this whole time. Crayton is nice, but we are too close to a superbowl to roll the dice with TO and Crayton.
Any one else think that Jerry is crossing his fingers on Stanback?

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2158974 said:

As a businessman, I hope he's not crossing his fingers. There's got to be a Plan B out there. If not Boldin or Williams, the question is who?

Boysboy

Reaction score

Didn't Tampa win a Super Bowl recently with 2 old-men receivers and an above-average OL? Didn't the Pats win a Super Bowl playing 2 rookie corners? Didn't the Colts win a Super Bowl with 2 backup, albeit unexperienced DTs?

Pt being that every team, including us, whether you like it or not, will have their fair share of weaknesses. And rolling the dice won't help one bit.

All in all-I like our OL, our RBs and its depth, our entire D and its depth. Hey-I'm happy.

Boysboy

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2158976 said:
As a businessman, I hope he's not crossing his fingers. There's got to be a Plan B out there. If not Boldin or Williams, the question is who?

*shrugs* Jon Gruden crossed his fingers on an average OL once upon a time ago...

Just saying...

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Boysboy;2158978 said:
*shrugs* Jon Gruden crossed his fingers on an average OL once upon a time ago...

Just saying...

John Gruden doesn't and has never owned a team. He's not a businessman. Apples to oranges.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2158976 said:
Exactly. I don't think we will win a bidding war over Boldin if it comes down to it. I don't like the feeling of this at all. Jerry has not really let me down in a while. Anybody got any guesses?

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
To do list:

1. PM Reality to see if I can get Admin priviledges.
2. Create user group that prevents some users from starting threads.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2158974 said:

I certainly hope not. There have been several reports that he looks very good going across the field, but if he's asked to run vertically, he can't locate the ball over his shoulder....not a good thing. At all. I'm not expecting much from him this year. Hopefully, I'll be surprised.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;2158989 said:
To do list:

1. PM Reality to see if I can get Admin priviledges.
2. Create user group that prevents some users from starting threads.
how ambitious of you lol

Boysboy

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2158982 said:
John Gruden doesn't and has never owned a team. He's not a businessman. Apples to oranges.

I know-but pt being that he took over an offense that had an average OL(at best), slow-footed Keyshawn, a 40 year old QB, and a RB-by-committee(at best)...but somehow was able to get them to blend into his WCO system.

Really-it's not like we have the '05 OL version, Bledsoe as our QB, Keyshawn as our #1 option, and Julius/Hambrick as our RBs. Garrett still has alot of options to work with.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Boysboy;2158977 said:
Didn't Tampa win a Super Bowl recently with 2 old-men receivers and an above-average OL? Didn't the Pats win a Super Bowl playing 2 rookie corners? Didn't the Colts win a Super Bowl with 2 backup, albeit unexperienced DTs?

Pt being that every team, including us, whether you like it or not, will have their fair share of weaknesses. And rolling the dice won't help one bit.

All in all-I like our OL, our RBs and its depth, our entire D and its depth. Hey-I'm happy.

We need to bring in a vet of some sort at the very least for insurance in case TO is hurt at some point. I don't trust Crayton to be consistent enough to take the Number 1 wr role for any extended period of time.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Boysboy;2158977 said:

The fact that other teams have won with weaknesses is NOT a reason to not worry about your own weaknesses.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
You can win with weaknesses but if you have a weakness why would you not address it?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Last time the Cowboys won a Superbowl, Kevin Williams was the #2 receiver...

Think about it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2159064 said:
We need to bring in a vet of some sort at the very least for insurance in case TO is hurt at some point. I don't trust Crayton to be consistent enough to take the Number 1 wr role for any extended period of time.

This is like a scary movie

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2159074 said:
Last time the Cowboys won a Superbowl, Kevin Williams was the #2 receiver...

Think about it.

And we had Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Jay Novacek, Michael Irvin, Erik Williams, Larry Allen, Daryl Johnston on offense.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Guys, in this day and age, you just can't have veteran superstars at every position. However, we're just about as close to having them as a team can be. Sure T.O. could get hurt. So could Romo or Ware. Brady or Moss could go down for N.E. Manning could go down for Indy. Every team in the league has players they can't afford to lose. You just can't have a star at every position. The front office has loaded this team to the hilt at just about every position. If we make a trade for a great WR, so be it. However, I don't want to do that in exchange for weakening another position. Let's just see how training camp plays out. O.K.?

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
You know how things go in pre-season, there's always some surprise cuts... Hopefully we can strike some waiver-wire gold!