With the 4th pick in the NFL Draft

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
With some street pickup FA QB running this team for the first half of the season with no Dak or Romo, the season would be all but toast and they would probably stack 18 in the box.

See last year as an example. Not that Zeke wouldnt be having some great games. But not with the regularity he was having now. And the team would be out of the playoff picture already and no one would be talking about him as MVP.

Romo would have been back 4 weeks ago if we had a street free agent. The running game is what makes this whole team go. That was the case in 14 and for this year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo would have been back 4 weeks ago if we had a street free agent. The running game is what makes this whole team go. That was the case in 14 and for this year.

You are speculating about Romo.

For me, the Romo era was toast. And the D was nowhere near good enough. So I was all about getting the pass rusher or CB for the D.

In my opinion, you get the RB at the very end or if you have a young QB you are trying to groom and he needs a good run game to lean on.

Now if someone had told me that we would take DAk and he would take the league by storm, I would have said pull the trigger on Zeke at 4.

Not about the player, but all about the needs of the team and where the team was at the time.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Mcfadden didn't start for 16 games.

Also look I think Zeke is great. I thought that before we took him. Still didn't want a RB. They get hurt too often, they peak too early and they rarely justify that 2nd big contract they sign. Add on top of that, that you get great backs much later in the draft and I think we should have passed.

This is not a difficult thing to understand.

I understand why you didn't want him at #4.

I just think you're wrong on this one.

What great back came in later rounds this year that is doing what Elliott is doing? There could be and I've missed it but I don't know of any.

Also I believe there is a difference between getting good, or even great backs, and getting very special ones. I believe Elliott is a special back and those are not found everywhere.

Also I realize McFadden didn't start 16 games but I don't really think Randal was on his way to 1500 yards either even if he hadn't screwed his life up.

Could be wrong but I don't think so.

I really don't see how it's so hard for some people to see how much better this offense clearly is with Elliott then it was last year. Yes I'll give plenty of that credit to Dak as well, as he definitely deserves it, but Elliott is a huge part of this success as well.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I understand why you didn't want him at #4.

I just think you're wrong on this one.

What great back came in later rounds this year that is doing what Elliott is doing? There could be and I've missed it but I don't know of any.

Also I believe there is a difference between getting good, or even great backs, and getting very special ones. I believe Elliott is a special back and those are not found everywhere.

Also I realize McFadden didn't start 16 games but I don't really think Randal was on his way to 1500 yards either even if he hadn't screwed his life up.

Could be wrong but I don't think so.

I really don't see how it's so hard for some people to see how much better this offense clearly is with Elliott then it was last year. Yes I'll give plenty of that credit to Dak as well, as he definitely deserves it, but Elliott is a huge part of this success as well.

Zeke had 209 yards from scrimmage. 185 of them came untouched.

Zeke is a special prospect but...come on man.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Zeke had 209 yards from scrimmage. 185 of them came untouched.

Zeke is a special prospect but...come on man.

How many times did McFadden get 209 yards from scrimmage last year? Heck for that matter how many times did he wind up with 185?

It's the same o-line and I don't recall him ever doing that last year. He had nice games but I don't recall him taking any games over. He certainly didn't have multiple long TD plays on the season. In fact didn't McFadden only score like 2 or 3 TDs all year?

Elliott did that many on Sunday alone.

It's cool either way. We get it. It's not Elliott, it's more the O-line.

It was a great pick on draft day and as we sit here today it's an even better one.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
How many times did McFadden get 209 yards from scrimmage last year? Heck for that matter how many times did he wind up with 185?

It's the same o-line and I don't recall him ever doing that last year. He had nice games but I don't recall him taking any games over. He certainly didn't have multiple long TD plays on the season. In fact didn't McFadden only score like 2 or 3 TDs all year?

It was a great pick on draft day and as we sit here today it's an even better one.
What part of Zeke is better than McFadden don't you understand?

What part of I'm not taking a rb top 4 because of the propensity for the position to get injured, peak early, degrade quickly coupled with you can find productive talent later in the draft don't you understand?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
What part of Zeke is better than McFadden don't you understand?

What part of I'm not taking a rb top 4 because of the propensity for the position to get injured, peak early, degrade quickly coupled with you can find productive talent later in the draft don't you understand?

I get you man. Good on you.

Thank God you don't control the draft for the Dallas Cowboys.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

How many times did McFadden play with a QB sporting a QB rating of at least 103.7 in seven of the last nine games?

John813

Reaction score
OP, for someone who has theranchsucks as an username, you sure do make a lot of The Ranch inspired (subtle) callout threads.

Is this your 8th week in a row questioning people who may of wanted Ramsey/a different player other than Zeke?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
How many times did McFadden play with a QB sporting a QB rating of at least 103.7 in seven of the last nine games?

Fair enough.

I don't believe McFadden would be doing this well. I think he's be a solid back, as he was last year, but that's just my opinion.

McFadden, at no point in his career, has ever shown to be as special a player as Zeke but that could be just my opinion of the two players, and I'm perfectly fine with that.