With the new Kickoff Rules, Micah at kick returner? Fassel would love it!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Getting back to the topic, do we even know if Micah can handle a kickoff? Can he track and catch an end over end ball?

Do we want to risk every player on the other team trying to break his legs?

If some people think he gets worn out now, imagine if he was returning kicks too.

Flamma

Reaction score
I appreciate that fact, Jersey, however since the FO has been unable to procure any DTs or LBs to support him what's the sense in giving him the salary of 3 players?

I'd rather deal him with the hopes of picking up 3 guys on the Interior line and LB that CAN make a difference.

Just like so many of our debates it goes back to the Ineptitude of the FO in securing quality DTs either via FA or the draft
This bothers me a lot. I used to love it back in the day when teams would run into a brick wall. Some of the teams that had great success back in the 70s and 80s stopped the run. You had no chance on the ground. If you want to win a championship, that's the first step. We're soft in the middle.

shabazz

Reaction score
This bothers me a lot. I used to love it back in the day when teams would run into a brick wall. Some of the teams that had great success back in the 70s and 80s stopped the run. You had no chance on the ground. If you want to win a championship, that's the first step. We're soft in the middle.
That's why so many of us were finally hyped up when Mazi was selected......it's still wait and see though.

We've never come close to the interior lines of Casillas, Lett, Maryland, etc........but I must give the FO credit for building our offensive line in 2016......it's was as good as the 90s line

Flamma

Reaction score
That's why so many of us were finally hyped up when Mazi was selected......it's still wait and see though.

We've never come close to the interior lines of Casillas, Lett, Maryland, etc........but I must give the FO credit for building our offensive line in 2016......it's was as good as the 90s line
Yeah, give Mazi this year. We'll get a better idea. He'll be here for a minimum of 3 years. I have my fingers crossed. That's all we can do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Parsons is in line to be the highest paid defensive player in the league. There’s NO WAY he would ever be put in harms way as a kick returner. The Cowboys look dumb enough as it is.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I knew who started this nonsense thread without even having to look.

shabazz

Reaction score
Getting back to the topic, do we even know if Micah can handle a kickoff? Can he track and catch an end over end ball?

Do we want to risk every player on the other team trying to break his legs?

If some people think he gets worn out now, imagine if he was returning kicks too.
I look forward to him podcasting on all these poignant questions.....but he's probably to shy to discuss it.

Cmac

Reaction score
Sometimes a player has to be protected from his own self. This would be one of them.

HomeBiscuit

Reaction score
We don’t need another position to be a weakness in big games. What’s next, Dak plays punter?