With the Romo factor, what would you consider a sucessful season?

Zman5

Reaction score
For me is to make it to the playoffs and then winning a playoff game.

I'm sick of hearing ..."The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 10 years..blah..blah.."

Anything above that would be gravy.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I would agree with your assessment.

I *might* throw in winning the division. I'm not sure a "mere" (I use the term lightly) wild card appearance would be that satisfying.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Romo apparently coming through is a boon to this franchise. I cannot begin to describe how big it is. If we get nothing else out of this year, we accomplished more than last year. Or many others.

We have an answer to a nagging question.

If we end up winning a playoff game, super.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Playoffs and a playoff win, but truthfully I want it all.

sago1

Reaction score
Frankly I had no trouble with Parcells going with Bledsoe; it was the smart thing to do at the start of the season. However, after the Eagles game I wanted a change. It was obvious to me in that game that Bledsoe was unable to hit our wide open receives--something he had done most successfully in 05. When a change to Romo didn't happen, I essentially gave up any Cowboy playoff expectations and believed we do no better then 8-8. To have Parcells send Romo in against the Giants in the second half was a total surprise. Frankly, I would have waited and given Romo a real chance by by announcing he was the starter day after Giant game.

Anyway Romo's performance which has been major factor in our wining 3 out of last 4 games (we all know we should have won Commanders game) has made me much more optimistic. Given our remaining schedule along with playing 4 of our last 6 games at home, I believe we should win all 4 home games giving us a record of 10-6 & certaining getting us into the playoffs. What I really want to happen is for us to also beat the Giants in NY--ending up with at least a 11-5 record (also want to beat Atlanta) or maybe a 12-4 record which should give us the 2nd seed. I want us to win at least 1 playoff game where we play really what--at least setting us up for 07 if we play exceptionally well. I don't even begin to think we make the SB and win there cause I still think we must upgrade our OL--particularly at LT & RG--and obtain good FS position play before we can do serious damage in the playoffs--win the SB.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Alexander;1180225 said:
Romo apparently coming through is a boon to this franchise. I cannot begin to describe how big it is. If we get nothing else out of this year, we accomplished more than last year. Or many others.

:clap2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
First round bye. There's no doubt that this team will make the playoffs. I'd like to see a bye at least.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Alexander;1180225 said:

I agree with this.

If I feel the same way about Romo at the end of the season as I feel about him right now then this has been a successful season in my eyes regardless of any win totals or playoff success.

Feeling great about the Cowboys chances for the next decade trump anything other than a SuperBowl victory that could happen this season.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
superbowl! then we will truly know if he is a new tom brady(thanks drew:laugh2: )