With Tyron possibly gone, are we comfortable letting a rookie protect the blind side?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes it's going to happen all around the league, but speaking for us, are you ok with a rookie protecting our starting QB?

I'm scared because as a scheme we tend to leave our tackles on an island and watch them struggle. I mean he'll have to hold his own at some points in the game, or we risk taking a play maker out of the play. Please discuss, let me know what you're thinking!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes it's going to happen all around the league, but speaking for us, are you ok with a rookie protecting our starting QB?

I'm scared because as a scheme we tend to leave our tackles on an island and watch them struggle. I mean he'll have to hold his own at some points in the game, or we risk taking a play maker out of the play. Please discuss, let me know what you're thinking!!
jack-nicholson-creepy-smile.gif

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I don't run this Gong show of a franchise but if I was making decisions wth regards to the offensive line, Tyler Smith would be moved back to left tackle, he was drafted to be Tyron's replacement, I'd let Bass, Richards, Edoga battle it out for the left guard spot, then draft a Center in the first round to compete with Hoffman....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't run this Gong show of a franchise but if I was making decisions wth regards to the offensive line, Tyler Smith would be moved back to left tackle, he was drafted to be Tyron's replacement, I'd let Bass, Richards, Edoga battle it out for the left guard spot, then draft a Center in the first round to compete with Hoffman....
If they draft a C in the 1st round he better be the starter.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
See but he's gotten so great where he is, if he struggles then????

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

so jerry made some decisions. let the LT go
let the center go.
let the RB go
probably get rid of the 3rd WR (Gallup)
let the starting CB go
trade away picks so you have less picks.
let starting DT go
let the back up DE go

we are in a good place to replace all the missing pieces. with only 3 picks in the first 4 rounds.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I love how people think we're going address all these holes in the upcoming draft. Did y'all see any 1st year starters in last year's draft? Yet fools think Tyron, Biadasz, Pollard etc will be upgraded lol

McMicah

Reaction score
Yes I’m ok with it. We aren’t winning the SB with this team. We don’t have a clutch QB and he’s so expensive we can’t build a good enough team to help him win.

If a few sacks happen that cost a couple games, it just means a better draft pick at this point.

I was so optimistic last season. For the first time in like 6 years I’m very down on this teams future. A hellish purgatory

Nexx

Reaction score
lol, you guys crack me up. too many of you have been spoiled by greatness for too long. you think steele was bad last year wait until you see a rookie left tackle struggle. you'll see Dak struggle in the regular season against bads team. his true colors will shine through like it does in the playoffs.

McMicah

Reaction score
lol, you guys crack me up. too many of you have been spoiled by greatness for too long. you think steele was bad last year wait until you see a rookie left tackle struggle. you'll see Dak struggle in the regular season against bads team. his true colors will shine through like it does in the playoffs.
I’m counting on that to get a good draft pick lol

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you at this stage? If they aren't extending Dak before FA, then they aren't committing to improving the team for next season. So you aren't risking much. Besides, they have shown they can draft O-linemen that can start right away. It also sends a message to Dak. If he thinks he is good enough to set the market, then he is good enough to win with less. Prove it.

The worst thing this team can do is extend Dak in the summer after Free Agency runs dry. So that's what I expect.