With Tyron possibly gone, are we comfortable letting a rookie protect the blind side?

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I love how people think we're going address all these holes in the upcoming draft. Did y'all see any 1st year starters in last year's draft? Yet fools think Tyron, Biadasz, Pollard etc will be upgraded lol
They believe in it every year...find new faith that we really can win a Super Bowl through the draft.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
it matters not. again, real slow, we are NOT going to go far.

once again its time to rebuild and they SHOULD be building around Micah, and Cee Dee and bring in all new players they believe can be the future.

I dont know how many times you need to be punched in the face before you believe the guy when he says hes going to punch oyu in the face, but a lot of you posters need a lot of punches.

Dallas IS NOT going anywhere next year, start over now with the pieces that look to be the future.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Tyler Smith, Bass, FA, Martin, Steele makes the most sense to me

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes it's going to happen all around the league, but speaking for us, are you ok with a rookie protecting our starting QB?

I'm scared because as a scheme we tend to leave our tackles on an island and watch them struggle. I mean he'll have to hold his own at some points in the game, or we risk taking a play maker out of the play. Please discuss, let me know what you're thinking!!
I’m starting to think that you’re an AI generated troll. Give me your thoughts.

oldcorvetteguy

Reaction score
lol, you guys crack me up. too many of you have been spoiled by greatness for too long. you think steele was bad last year wait until you see a rookie left tackle struggle. you'll see Dak struggle in the regular season against bads team. his true colors will shine through like it does in the playoffs.
Spoiled where? This joke of a team has been laying eggs ever since Jimmy left.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do you mean Bass was good at G? He’s the guy that played more
Sorry yes. Bass, he did ok. Richards was the backup tackle. Hoffman should be the backup guard center and they should draft a center 1st round or trade down and still grab one of the better centers.

Creeper

Reaction score
I would sign Tyron for another year, if he would agree to an incentive laden deal. The problem is the Cowboys need help at a lot of spots and if they have to spend 2 of their top 3 draft picks on OL, it means they have to be active in free agency.

Tyler has played the position but he led the team in holding penalties are guard. That can only get worse at LT. He needs to clean that up.

slick325

Reaction score
I am just fine with a 1st round rookie starting at LT. Good draft to grab a LT. As has been said previously, the front office has been good at drafting lineman in the 1st round.

Make it happen. The left side can be strong for years! Address Center in the draft too. Good draft for Centers.

Replacing Martin and seeing if Steele can rebound worry me going forward.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’m more concerned about center. The main problem with our offense last season was the lack of run game. We need power up the middle. The LT doesn’t play a big role in the run game. The center does. Personally, if healthy, it’s time to see what Waletsko and Richards can do at LT. If we go OT at 24, we need to go C at 56 unless they feel Hoffman is the man.

We do not have the draft capital to fix LT, C, LB, DT, and RB in the draft. If Dallas doesn’t fix at least 2 of these positions in Free agency, the defense and run game will still be a struggle this year.

Desperate needs:
  • Center with power
  • Downhill thumper at LB
  • DT who can play the run and disrupt

Shannon1

Reaction score
Yes it's going to happen all around the league, but speaking for us, are you ok with a rookie protecting our starting QB?

I'm scared because as a scheme we tend to leave our tackles on an island and watch them struggle. I mean he'll have to hold his own at some points in the game, or we risk taking a play maker out of the play. Please discuss, let me know what you're thinking!!
Will be Smith moving over

Carson

Reaction score
I would sign Tyron for another year, if he would agree to an incentive laden deal. The problem is the Cowboys need help at a lot of spots and if they have to spend 2 of their top 3 draft picks on OL, it means they have to be active in free agency.

Tyler has played the position but he led the team in holding penalties are guard. That can only get worse at LT. He needs to clean that up.
The thing is Tyron no longer owes this team. He no longer needs ”incentive” driven deals.

He will be like Randy Gregory and go get whatever he wants guaranteed.