Within 4 years Eagles won a Super Bowl, rebuilt roster, now returning with new QB/HC

StylisticS

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is about to watch the Eagles close the gap when it comes to Super Bowl wins.
In 2005, Dallas had 5, Giants had 2, and Eagles had 0. In two weeks it could be 5, 4, and 2. Embarrassing and the Giants are on the rise too. If they get back to contention before us, that would be a huge slap in the face.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Eagles never beat any great team this entire season except the Vikings at home, we destroyed the Vikings in their house, and the Eagles beat us at home, those are the only two wins against above average teams. The playoffs they got Giants at home and 49ers with no QB.
that happens sometimes. If you go back and look at some of the teams who past champions have beat throughout the season its not really that impressive. The 85 bears didn't exactly beat a bunch of hall of famer db's to get there. They just beat who they had to play next.

if you go and look at the 92 cowboys season they didn't beat that many great quarterback's either. Just Jim Kelly and Steve Young.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
yes a 29 year old worth over 100 million dollars who lives in a mansion dating a 20 year old junior in college is really odd to me. I bet his teammates wives are not that impressed with your dear leader. He is now a tabloid guy.
you sound jealous. that much is obvious..... what is it of your business who he dates.

MikeB80

Reaction score
you sound jealous. that much is obvious..... what is it of your business who he dates.
He is a poser and there is nothing to be jealous of.

It's not my business who he dates but since he is tabloid fotter it is going to end up in rags like the NY Post. Dating a 20 year old seems pretty gross to me.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
that happens sometimes. If you go back and look at some of the teams who past champions have beat throughout the season its not really that impressive. The 85 bears didn't exactly beat a bunch of hall of famer db's to get there. They just beat who they had to play next.

if you go and look at the 92 cowboys season they didn't beat that many great quarterback's either. Just Jim Kelly and Steve Young.
Rypien was defending SB champ and Simms had won it the year before. Simms was a 2 time SB champ including an MVP.

Not sure why you feel the need to inaccurately downplay the 92 Cowboys season.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Rypien was defending SB champ and Simms had won it the year before. Simms was a 2 time SB champ including an MVP.

You are inaccurate not me. Simms played 3 games in 92 and missed the whole season, he also did not play in the 90 postseason. Dave Brown and Jeff Hostetler (coming off a broken back) played qb all year for the lousy 6-10 Giants.

Mark Rypien was pretty awful in 91. The washington team was still very good but the qb was pretty bad.

dlobell

Reaction score
Jumping the gun arent you? First they have to get past Niners and then Bengals to win it.

One game was the difference. The difference between Cowboys playing the Giants last week and the Eagles playing the Niners.
I don’t believe they will get past the Bengals or the Chiefs.

Bagman

Reaction score
3 of the 4 teams have QBs on rookie deals. The genius is these teams went all in knowing that. Burrow and Hurts will be getting big deals soon.
I don't know about Hurts. Roseman will probably find another 2nd or 3rd Rd QB with poise and mobility and just replace Hurts.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys in the 21st century are now in the shadow of the Eagles. That's how bad it is. The joke of our conference the Eagles are going to a 2nd SB in 4 years.
Totally overhauled their team in 4 years.
We have more years of Prescott and cap hell with the Jones boys.
Thank the lord I have the gift of patience.

flyinghorse

Reaction score
2 Super Bowls
In 6 Years
With 2 Different QB’s
And 2 Different Head Coaches
Incredible

channel01

Reaction score
Pre-SB NFL & AFL championships are equated by the NFL's record and fact book as Conference Championships for record tracking purposes. The will still trail us in the Lombardi department, but they aren't beating the AFC champs.
I wouldn't be so sure the AFC team will win. The Eagles are going to have advantages on both lines (potentially massive ones) and that tends to be where these games are won. I would write them off at your own risk...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bingo. The point you are making is that the most important person in an organization is the GM. Howie Roseman is basically given free reign by Jeff Lurie to trade and sign whoever he wants. He has now build 2 NFC Champs in a span of 6 years with different coaches and QBs.

He's playing chess while Jerry and son are playing checkers.

channel01

Reaction score

Phil Simms and the Giants sucked in 1992. You're not winning any arguments by citing the 37 year-old broken down QB on a crappy 6-10 team as good competition.

Sydla

Reaction score
I have bengals as best team but the final 4 are all great.

Bengals have the worst OL by far of the four remaining teams.

They are struggling with the Chiefs DL. If they somehow win this, the Eagles DL will absolutely destroy Burrow.

raven55

Reaction score
and it will continue on and on and on and on and on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Bengals have the worst OL by far of the four remaining teams.

They are struggling with the Chiefs DL. If they somehow win this, the Eagles DL will absolutely destroy Burrow.
Burrows is that good. Defense is great as well. Toss up in KC.