Without Makeup...

wittenacious

Reaction score
Faerluna;4616773 said:
She's had some work done, so it's not natural aging.
So that's an artificially enhanced look? Or are you saying, botched plastic surgery? Either way, she's not looking too good in that pic.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
wittenacious;4616783 said:
So that's an artificially enhanced look? Or are you saying, botched plastic surgery? Either way, she's not looking too good in that pic.

She had work done quite awhile ago. It's not that it was botched, per se, only that it has probably changed the way her naturally aging face would look.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
wittenacious;4616661 said:
In truth, I actually see features of both parents in Chelsea. I don't respect Bill, but I dislike Hillary more, so I tagged her as the one to blame in my comment. I don't post "full disclosure" every time out, lol.

I hear you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
wittenacious;4616612 said:
Roseanne has not aged well, to say the least. Never really cared for her, but that's almost sad.

She's pushing 60 she looks like what you would expect for someone that age especially without makeup plus that wasn't the kindest camera angle.

wittenacious

Reaction score
KJJ;4616936 said:
She's pushing 60 she looks like what you would expect for someone that age especially without makeup plus that wasn't the kindest camera angle.
A few folks have been challenging of my comment that Roseanne doesn't look good — doesn't appear to have aged well — in the posted pic of her. Sorry if I offended.

As to your points: I'm smart enough to realize it wasn't a flattering photo of her, nor was it taken with the best lighting or camera angle, nor was Roseanne given the benefit of makeup... all of which caused her to be captured in a less than glamorous, less than best presentable "face." Agreed. But IMO, 60± (?) or not, makeup-free and candidly lying there, she's pretty rough looking in THAT particular picture... my never having really liked her, aside. Again, my opinion. But in reading the thread, not just MY opinion.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
wittenacious;4617055 said:
A few folks have been challenging of my comment that Roseanne doesn't look good — doesn't appear to have aged well — in the posted pic of her. Sorry if I offended.

As to your points: I'm smart enough to realize it wasn't a flattering photo of her, nor was it taken with the best lighting or camera angle, nor was Roseanne given the benefit of makeup... all of which caused her to be captured in a less than glamorous, less than best presentable "face." Agreed. But IMO, 60± (?) or not, makeup-free and candidly lying there, she's pretty rough looking in THAT particular picture... my never having really liked her, aside. Again, my opinion. But in reading the thread, not just MY opinion.

I don't take offense to making fun of people I do it all the time. :) You would be amazed at the people I've offended. lol The point is that all the photo's posted aren't flattering of any of theses celebrities they were caught looking their absolute worst. I've seen Roseanne recently in person and she looks much better than the pic posted. It looks as if she just woke up and the camera was tight in her face. At least she wasn't out in public looking like that.

I can't believe some of these celebs go out in public looking so unkept knowing the paparazzi is swarming around like buzzards making a living following them. A lot of these celebrities go out looking like that to blend in thinking no one will recognize them. Even some of the younger celebrities look like hell in these pics but when a woman starts to age they can really look rough and hagged without makeup. Women generally don't age as well as men.

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/images-5.jpg

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/images-3.jpg

cher_without_makeup_100401_ssh1.jpg

celebrities-without-makeup-250.jpg

DFWJC

Reaction score
StevenOtero;4615971 said:
A horse is a horse, of course, of course, with or without makeup.
Sad thing is it looks like she's loaded up with makeup in that photo.:laugh2:

Snooki and J Hudson held up just fine though.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
wittenacious;4617055 said:

The original caption to the photo is that it was a self-portrait the Roseanne uploaded herself on twitter...

She commented "A fat 60 year old Jew"...

wittenacious

Reaction score
KJJ;4617118 said:
I don't take offense to making fun of people I do it all the time. :) You would be amazed at the people I've offended. lol The point is that all the photo's posted aren't flattering of any of theses celebrities they were caught looking their absolute worst. I've seen Roseanne recently in person and she looks much better than the pic posted. It looks as if she just woke up and the camera was tight in her face. At least she wasn't out in public looking like that.

I can't believe some of these celebs go out in public looking so unkept knowing the paparazzi is swarming around like buzzards making a living following them. A lot of these celebrities go out looking like that to blend in thinking no one will recognize them. Even some of the younger celebrities look like hell in these pics but when a woman starts to age they can really look rough and hagged without makeup. Women generally don't age as well as men.

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/images-5.jpghttp://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/images-5.jpg

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/images-3.jpghttp://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/images-3.jpg

http://wizbangpop.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/cher_without_makeup_100401_ssh1.jpg

http://news.priceperhead.com/wp-content/uploads/celebrities-without-makeup-250.jpg
Wow! Those pics are downright scary. Brilliant!!! :lmao:

If you've seen Roseanne in person, recently, I take your point more to heart. I'm sure she looks presentable in public.

As if I'm all: "Move over, Narcissus. I see a pool of water and you're hoggin' an opportunity for some serious me-time with my reflection." Almost comes across that way when I/we dog others out for their "off day" looks, particularly celebrities. Who among us could really stand up to public scrutiny on our worst days. Well, I could. But, I mean... who other than me? LOL. Yeah, right!

But the reality is, I'm safely hidden behind my computer screen, so I'm free to find fault and make fun at other people's expense.

Like you, I'm good with that. :laugh2:

wittenacious

Reaction score
trickblue;4617150 said:
The original caption to the photo is that it was a self-portrait the Roseanne uploaded herself on twitter...

She commented "A fat 60 year old Jew"...
Answers that. Brave of her to put that pic out there for all to see, I'll give her that. Kind of endearing when people, especially celebrities, are willing to expose their less flattering "real" selves to the public.

I thought that of Teri Hatcher, too, when it first made news that she'd chosen to take some au naturale (with towel) photos of herself and allowed them to be published — one of which you posted in the OP.

link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/11/teri-hatcher-naked-makeup_n_678912.html

FloridaRob

Reaction score
My wife is a before and after makeup gal too and she will tell you that. But the fortunate thing about that is that when she does get dolled up she is beautiful. Even after 22 years of marriage. I am blessed. it is an amazing transformation. Makeup can't help some women tho. The only thing that would enhance their au natural look would be a paper bag.

I am reminded tho that my wife says to me every now and then "I am not as pretty as I was 22 years ago (she turns 60 next week). I always answer the same way. I use the line from the epic series "Roots" where Chicken George came back to his wife after being away for years and she says "George, I ain't as pretty as I once was" and Chicken George said to her, "maybe not, but I sees you with my heart". Great line from a great series.