Video: Witten mic'd up vs. Eagles

Proximo

Reaction score
Eagles players have more respect for Wit than some of our fans do.

Their players are just uninformed.

I invite them all to swing by CZ and learn about how Wit is defined by his-

-Lack of speed

-Selfishness

-Being overpaid

-Inability to break tackles

-Inability to catch passes beyond the 1st down marker on 3rd down.

Probably forgot something but you get the gist.

:D

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's cold just watching that.

Negative 12 real feel right now. I may actually have to watch the NFL playoffs.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think there are many on this board thst don’t have immense respect for that guy.

I don’t want him to retire but I do want him to make less money and share snaps like Antonio Gates l.

Great respect for him. Just don't worship him. Every player has a shelf life and Witten expired years ago. He's not a good starting player anymore and the Cowboys should do what's right for the team and find a starter capable of making plays down the field.

But as for respecting Witten, I would vote for him the first year he's eligible for the Hall of Fame. Don't know how you can respect a player more than that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think there are many on this board thst don’t have immense respect for that guy.

I don’t want him to retire but I do want him to make less money and share snaps like Antonio Gates l.

I’d agree on the money and the snaps.

But if we’re defining immense respect by how he’s referred to in posts, there are plenty of posters who don’t share your feelings about the respect part.

Of course, they’re all just frustrated by the lack of team playoff success and are guys who don’t tolerate mediocrity, so it’s ok.

robjay04

Reaction score
I’d agree on the money and the snaps.

But if we’re defining immense respect by how he’s referred to in posts, there are plenty of posters who don’t share your feelings about the respect part.

Of course, they’re all just frustrated by the lack of team playoff success and are guys who don’t tolerate mediocrity, so it’s ok.

I personally believe a lot of the lack of respect is because of the reasons I referenced.

I don’t think anyone on this board or even a fan in the NFL would show an ounce or disrespedt to Witten 2008 but Witten 2018 deserves his fair share of criticism.

The thing that bothers me the most are the reports that he refuses to leave the field. Yes, he is a leader but he should also realize that sharing his role with someone with more athleticism may help him reach his ultimate goal of a Super Bowl.

I would always defend Witten until quite recently. On thanksgiving, watching the Vikings and Rudolph really opened my eyes. Seeing a tight end getting YAC and actually beating coverage down the field. Is slmetnkng we haven’t seen for years.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I personally believe a lot of the lack of respect is because of the reasons I referenced.

I don’t think anyone on this board or even a fan in the NFL would show an ounce or disrespedt to Witten 2008 but Witten 2018 deserves his fair share of criticism.

The thing that bothers me the most are the reports that he refuses to leave the field. Yes, he is a leader but he should also realize that sharing his role with someone with more athleticism may help him reach his ultimate goal of a Super Bowl.

I would always defend Witten until quite recently. On thanksgiving, watching the Vikings and Rudolph really opened my eyes. Seeing a tight end getting YAC and actually beating coverage down the field. Is slmetnkng we haven’t seen for years.

I’m not talking about criticism. Only about disrespect. The two aren’t linked.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Is there a current player in the league with more unanimous love and respect from his peers than Wit?
I would like to see a change in Linehan's Witten role.

Instead of beating him to death blocking..

lets throw him the ball aggressively.

Send him out into the 10-20 yard zone.

And pound him some passes.

He still catches very well.

Let him catch.

Hardline

Reaction score
Witten will get less snaps when the Cowboys have a better TE than him on the roster.
He is still a top 10 TE in this league. If you want to argue his contract then fine.
He was never a big YAC in his career anyway.