Witten played 98.4% of the snaps in 2017

Cmac

Reaction score
Kudos to JWitten.......and boo to the coaching staff and front office. This is why Stevie Wonder can tell us the play being ran.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
A lot of talk about Witten's speed and I've made jokes about it too but you don't need to be fast to get separation. In all fairness Witten can still get separation but the scheme seems to think that separation is adequate before the sticks, that's not his game. Why not target him after the sticks or in the end zone. Perhaps that just makes too much sense:huh: that being said we do need to add some team speed, 15 play drives are not the norm in the NFL.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
The disrespect for witten is unbelievable...

Witten has NEVER been fast or a RAC kinda guy... NEVER!!

People are acting as if his age has slowed him down but put on a game from 07 and I guarantee you that Witten looks the same .

Witten made a living finding soft spots in the zone but now that defenses don't fear the deep passing game, there is no room for him to exploit..same thing happened to Beasley.

I guarantee you that the day we start throwing an occasional deep pass to the WRs Witten will go back to being the guy that is "always open despite the fact that he is so slow"........

I don't believe anyone has ever claimed that Witten had speed (and if they have, they're ridiculous). But starting with 3/10 speed and falling to 1 or 2/10 speed makes a difference. The same goes for loss of agility, if not even more so. It's not only freak athletes that lose athleticism after years and years of wear and tear and aging on their bodies.

Witten is not the same player that he was. Is he awful? IMO, no. Is he much more than league average at best at this point in his career? IMO, no.