Witten says "he will play" next weekend

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Scrolled across bottom of our Rogers Sportsnet Pacific.

Didn't see this anywhere else. So looks like knee is not wrecked at least.

LarryCanadian

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
That means a win and then another early exit. Thank God. Someone needs to ask Romo if he'll play.

Eskimo

Reaction score
He'd be saying the same thing if they were about to amputate his leg. Let's see what the training staff says and let's see if he can practice this week.

It makes little sense to risk his long-term health for this game. If we can't beat the Eagles without him, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyways. They are no world beaters.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2515740 said:
Snitch or no snitch, that man is a Warrior.

He shouldn't have to deal with a cancer like TO so I don't blame him for "snitching."

Eskimo

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2515750 said:
I never doubted this. You really would have to kill that man to get him off the field.

Which is exactly why the training staff needs to be thorough in checking out his knee - it has to check out on MRI and be stable under stress.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Jon88;2515745 said:
He shouldn't have to deal with a cancer like TO so I don't blame him for "snitching."

Nonsense, "snitching" on any of your team-mates is not the way things should be done. Witten is one of my favorite Cowboys, but that doesn't allow him to do things that other players would get slammed for.

Now, if Witten is ready to go that will be a boost. We need everybody for the most important game of the season.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
gazmc_06;2515798 said:
Nonsense, "snitching" on any of your team-mates is not the way things should be done. Witten is one of my favorite Cowboys, but that doesn't allow him to do things that other players would get slammed for.

Now, if Witten is ready to go that will be a boost. We need everybody for the most important game of the season.

I agree, unless its TO. He's the loophole.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Jon88;2515809 said:
I agree, unless its TO. He's the loophole.

T.O. got slammed last week for what appears to be a very small matter (maybe even nothing). People were calling for him to be gone and he got boo'd by his own fans....I can't see the loophole.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
gazmc_06;2515828 said:
T.O. got slammed last week for what appears to be a very small matter (maybe even nothing). People were calling for him to be gone and he got boo'd by his own fans....I can't see the loophole.

He got booed by Cowboys fans. **** TO.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
Witten is an official throwback, you can tell coaches did a great job w/ him (or someone) Isn't he from Tennessee?

Eskimo

Reaction score
Garland powerplay;2516503 said:
Witten is an official throwback, you can tell coaches did a great job w/ him (or someone) Isn't he from Tennessee?

With a guy like this, it honestly comes from inside him - this can't be coached into anyone.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
There's absolutely no evidence that Witten snitched on anyone.

If Owens truly believed Witten was snitching on him, I doubt he'd ever forgive him for that and be able to put on a smile around him.