Witten says "he will play" next weekend

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Jon88;2515745 said:
He shouldn't have to deal with a cancer like TO so I don't blame him for "snitching."

:hammer: I'm proud Witten's a Cowboy but I do feel bad for him because sometime I wonder if he'll ever be on a team to win a playoff game before he retires from the Cowboys. Look at Greg Ellis, who would've ever thought he'd never have been on a team that one a playoff game! Hope they do it this time!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2516523 said:
Glad to see he'll try to give it a go...
Well put. I think trying to give it a go is more accurate than playing at this point.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;2515703 said:
Scrolled across bottom of our Rogers Sportsnet Pacific.

Didn't see this anywhere else. So looks like knee is not wrecked at least.

LarryCanadian

sportsnet Pacific? are you in BC?

I'm New Westminster, a lot of snow tonight

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;2515703 said:
Scrolled across bottom of our Rogers Sportsnet Pacific.

Didn't see this anywhere else. So looks like knee is not wrecked at least.

LarryCanadian

Did T.O. give his blessing?

I am quite disappointed how Witten, Romo and Wade have gone out of their way to appease and mollify T.O.

Again, Witten should have just told T.O. in public and in private to STHU and if he didn't the fans would take care of T.O.'s antics.
Show a little spine, Witten, and stick up for yourself. You did nothing wrong except have Romo's trust.

:(

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Garland powerplay;2516503 said:
Witten is an official throwback, you can tell coaches did a great job w/ him (or someone) Isn't he from Tennessee?

Indeed. He was their best special teams player for two straight years. He really doesn't care about stats. He wants to win. He would be happy with zero catches if the team won the game, but he wants the ball, too. He just doesn't talk to the press about it.

I almost died when we got him in the third round. I knew he would be a star. His junior year, he faced constant double teams. He had zero help and zero WRs.

I'll tell you this, too. He isn't the mole. That is a load of crap. Witten isn't that type of person.

I salute everyone that loves them some Jason Witten. You picked a great player on and off the filed. He had a tough family life, and he was never bitter.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Eskimo;2516593 said:
With a guy like this, it honestly comes from inside him - this can't be coached into anyone.

But I think Parcells did a good job of bringing it out. It seems so long ago now, so my memory could be fuzzy, but I seem to remember Parcells toying with Witten early in his career by calling him a pretty boy. It became pretty obvious quickly thereafter that one of Witten's main goals was to please Parcells.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2517128 said:
Did T.O. give his blessing?

I am quite disappointed how Witten, Romo and Wade have gone out of their way to appease and mollify T.O.

Again, Witten should have just told T.O. in public and in private to STHU and if he didn't the fans would take care of T.O.'s antics.
Show a little spine, Witten, and stick up for yourself. You did nothing wrong except have Romo's trust.

:(

How did you find a way to turn this into a T.O.-bashing thread? And since when has being a good teammate become trying to "appease" someone?

Should Witten, therefore, come out tomorrow with the real truth, alerting the media that Garrett's a fraud, Phillips is a Bum of a Son and so forth?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Yeah, Witten loved Parcells.

Did you know that Jason Witten wasn't even used until the fourth week of October at Alabama. That was his sophomore season. Donte Stallworth came of an injury. Jason Witten became a star that day. He was the ultimate secret weapon that day.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
41gy#;2517186 said:
Yeah, Witten loved Parcells.

Did you know that Jason Witten wasn't even used until the fourth week of October at Alabama. That was his sophomore season. Donte Stallworth came of an injury. Jason Witten became a star that day. He was the ultimate secret weapon that day.

Wasn't he originally a DE?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
RainMan;2517187 said:
Wasn't he originally a DE?

You know what, I can't remember. I'm going to check. I don't think he was a four or five star player at all. He came out of no where.

He caught a ball his sophomore year against Michigan, in stride, and ran 70 yards for a TD. Everyone was just laughing, because he just dusted those Wolverines. It was my most memorable Witten play, besides the helmet one at Philadelphia.

That team had:

Jason Witten
Donte Stallworth
Albert Haynesworth
John Henderson
Kevin Burnett

They had the best team in the country. They just got beat by LSU after already beating them. It cost them a shot at Miami, and they would have beat them.

I forgot. Witten didn't get the ball in that game, and they were playing cover 2.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
He played linebacker and TE in high school, and he was the USA Today player of the year in the state of Tennessee.

I looked again.

Witten was a four star player, and he was listed as a DE. That sounds right. Safeties to linebackers and linebackers to ends. That is the way Chavis did it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bigE79;2515742 said:
Dude...go root for the redstinks

I think Jon88 actually *is* a Commanders fan, isn't he?

Kalyan

Reaction score
Witten are Ware are my fav cowboys W&W.

Whatever happened to Bennett? I don't see him in the games for the last couple of games, did they take out all plays that involves 2 TE so that JG can make WR's happy?