Witten should sit out the Giants game

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Broken ribs for a guy that catches across the middle?

...and the Giants will be gunning for him anyways... no need to risk further injury.

Lets put it on Bennett!

TO, RWR, MB3 and co... that would interesting to see what they can do with out all the other pieces.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
I agree. BJ and Wittin arent on the same page anyway. Wittin's touches are waaaaay down since TR has been sitting. Might as well go with the rook and curtis.

dacoming

Reaction score
Hey, Johnson can't get him the ball anyway, may as well rest and heal.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I would like to see Martellus RAC with one of Brad's 5 yard specials :D

but seriously... I would.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
If he sits, and i think he certainly should, he would have 21 days between the injury and the Skins game. That would go a long way toward healing the rib. Then, if he can get lucky and not have the rib damaged for a couple weeks after that it should be fully healed after 4-5 weeks.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
links18;2382564 said:
What is with all these injuries?

We've had very good luck with injuries the last couple of years, seems like it's catching up to us.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Witten is a future Hall of Famer.

That being said, I think Bennett actually has more big play ability. He can take one to the house, which is really the only thing Witten cannot do that well.

For that reason, I agree. Let Witten heal and hope Bennett can break one.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2382952 said:
Witten is a future Hall of Famer.

That being said, I think Bennett actually has more big play ability. He can take one to the house, which is really the only thing Witten cannot do that well.

For that reason, I agree. Let Witten heal and hope Bennett can break one.

More big play ability than Witten? What makes you think Bennett can take one to the house? Has he ever been a house taker of touchdowns?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I wouldn't be upset if he sat out, cause that's the smart move and the best move no doubt, but I've got a feeling that JW is going to at least give it a go cause he's just so darn tough, and stubborn, that he believes he can play through it.

Gotta love that mindset though.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
TheCount;2382957 said:
More big play ability than Witten? What makes you think Bennett can take one to the house? Has he ever been a house taker of touchdowns?

The Rams game is a good example. I don't think that it's a secret that Bennett is faster than Witten. No one who knows anything about the two will argue with that. That being said, I think his speed gives him more opportunities to break what would be a medium range pass, into a possible TD.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Wrangler87;2382962 said:
The Rams game is a good example. I don't think that it's a secret that Bennett is faster than Witten. No one who knows anything about the two will argue with that. That being said, I think his speed gives him more opportunities to break what would be a medium range pass, into a possible TD.

...just how fast do you think Bennett is?

Bennett ran a 4.71 at the combine, Witten ran a 4.67 at his. At worst, they are about equal in speed. Bennett has gotten some big gains because no one gameplans him like they do Witten, no one puts double coverage on him like they do Witten either.

Witten has had 20+ yard receptions in every game this season except the two Brad "Noddle Arm" Johnson has QBed.

I don't think Witten should play either, and I think Bennett can be a decent substitute, but let's not get crazy here.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Do any of you want to admit that the Cowboys depth was/is not as good as it was perceived early this season ?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
TheCount;2383111 said:
...just how fast do you think Bennett is?

Bennett ran a 4.71 at the combine, Witten ran a 4.67 at his. At worst, they are about equal in speed. Bennett has gotten some big gains because no one gameplans him like they do Witten, no one puts double coverage on him like they do Witten either.

Witten has had 20+ yard receptions in every game this season except the two Brad "Noddle Arm" Johnson has QBed.

I don't think Witten should play either, and I think Bennett can be a decent substitute, but let's not get crazy here.

So based on one 40 for each player you think Bennett and Witten are equally fast? I don't understand that.

Looking at each player on the field of play it appears that Bennett is noticeably faster than Witten. It also appears he can accelerate faster. I think Bennett does have more big play potential. Having said that I would say just potential right now. Witten still looks like a HOF TE to me and Bennett appears to have big play potential.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2383124 said:
Do any of you want to admit that the Cowboys depth was/is not as good as it was perceived early this season ?

Ummm depends on what position you're asking about. At QB? Probably right.

At RB, CB, WR or TE you'd be dead wrong as they've got plenty of depth at all those positions.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2383145 said:
Ummm depends on what position you're asking about. At QB? Probably right.

At RB, CB, WR or TE you'd be dead wrong as they've got plenty of depth at all those positions.

Then why bring in Williams ? That's a huge trade.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

Depth at which position(s)?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
jobberone;2383164 said:
Depth at which position(s)?

QB, WR, OL, and Safety.

This team was heralded as the deepest team in the league.

My point is same as any other team in this league depth is questionable at best. For instance the Commanders at DE.

Ren

Reaction score

we had/have the depth to take some of these injuries but they've added up to the point where we now have no dept at some positions and some of them like Witten and Romo is going to hurt no matter who's behind them. But as far as most of these we're kinda limited to the 53 man roster just like every one else we had depth but we've been hit hard by injuries across the board that it's long gone now