Witten should sit out the Giants game

Q_the_man

Reaction score
TheCount;2383111 said:
...just how fast do you think Bennett is?

Bennett ran a 4.71 at the combine, Witten ran a 4.67 at his. At worst, they are about equal in speed. Bennett has gotten some big gains because no one gameplans him like they do Witten, no one puts double coverage on him like they do Witten either.

Witten has had 20+ yard receptions in every game this season except the two Brad "Noddle Arm" Johnson has QBed.

I don't think Witten should play either, and I think Bennett can be a decent substitute, but let's not get crazy here.
40 times mean nothing, Also remember Witten has been in the league awhile now, is it possible he loss a step meaning speed.... Bennett is faster, I mean TO on paper runs a 4.5 or 4.6 but I fear him more than I fear Hurd or Austin and that case Randall Williams who ran a 4.2.....

Nobody is saying replace Witten, but Bennett has more big play Potential, period, as far as taking one to the house.....

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2383169 said:
QB, WR, OL, and Safety.

This team was heralded as the deepest team in the league.

My point is same as any other team in this league depth is questionable at best. For instance the Commanders at DE.

I agree the perceived depth at QB was wrong. Johnson looked servicable during the preseason. Unless the OL play is worse than I think then Johnson is dreadful. So yes the QB depth was miscalculated.

WR is not a problem esp with Williams on board. Don't see where you're coming from there.

It seems I'm in the minority when it comes to OL depth. Proctor has been as good as you're generally going to get putting an unproven player in there. I think he's done ok. The rest of the depth at OL must be bad as they didn't put someone in for an injured Adams during the AZ game. That's the only reason I can come up with to not replace him. There was no one to play better than a one armed Adams.

I've said for the last three years that safety was a big problem on this team. Williams doesn't need to be back there. Hamlin is not all pro but ok. Williams injury has helped the team to see who can play safety. Unfortunately no one is stepping up. So I'd say that's the worst area on the team both starting and depth wise. So far.

I don't know about our team being heralded as the deepest in the league. I suppose someone has said that. I still believe when all our starters are on the field we're a top five team talent wise and can play with anyone.

What's your real point? That the Skins are better?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2383179 said:
duh! yes!
That's what depth is for.
We need romo, witten, felix for the stretch run.

I always look forward to your posts... they are so eloquent... just like O.... never mind :lmao:

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
The Giants are going to be flying around trying to hurt our guys this Sunday. Most of Witten's catches usually result in him being exposed over the middle, we need him for the stretch.

Bennett will be just as effective - especially stretching the field. I expect him to be a big part of the gameplan this week.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Q_the_man;2383184 said:
40 times mean nothing, Also remember Witten has been in the league awhile now, is it possible he loss a step meaning speed.... Bennett is faster, I mean TO on paper runs a 4.5 or 4.6 but I fear him more than I fear Hurd or Austin and that case Randall Williams who ran a 4.2.....

Nobody is saying replace Witten, but Bennett has more big play Potential, period, as far as taking one to the house.....

Obviously no one is saying replace Witten, that would just be stupid.

For you guys to come in here and say Bennett is a big play threat, not just that but a BIGGER big play threat that Witten is bordering on being just as silly. Period.

This illusion some of you have come under that Bennett is some kind of stretch the field guy is pure fantasy, he's athletic, big and strong but he is no speedster. Jason Witten IS a big play threat, he's made big play after big play for us and yes, that includes TD's, no TE in the league is running 60+ yard TD's in, in the NFL except when coverage is absolutely blown.