Witten vs Jarwin production

Zman5

Reaction score
The sad part about this is that it didn't have to be this way. Witt was more than willing to take lesser role yet JG and the coaching staff are pushing him do what he did before he retired. Witt's not the type of player who will say no if the coaching staff is letting him play all the snaps even if he didn't want to. So the blame should go to JG and his staff and not Witt.

Zman5

Reaction score
Who else do they have to challenge them?

What are you asking? My point was that all those TE get to play majority of the snaps because of their receiving skills and not their blocking skills.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What are you asking? My point was that all those TE get to play majority of the snaps because of their receiving skills and not their blocking skills.
So they're not being used as TEs, they're being used as big WRs. That's not how the Cowboys' offense works, for better or worse.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it isnt just snaps, but the # of targets they get.
I think it is possible the jones boys determined that witten should be the starter and get the most snaps
and targets.
If they say thats what they want, then that is what JG is going to give them.

We all have heard the jingle "next man up", but I think it should be "best man up"
and that should change from
game to game, depending on who has been playing the best, and how they match up with the opponent for that week.
This could be done at several positions not just TE.
Jarwin is clearly better than witten and he has been underused this season.
As far as what witten said about not getting in the way, well that was clearly a lie, he wants to play every down lol.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Needs to be a 50/50 split. I prefer Jarwin in on pass plays. Witten is good on the goal line.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
The willingness to continue to heap praise on JWitt as royalty, at this stage of his career, has been another reason this team is being served karma and every bit of failure it deserves.

This goes back to that Clapper keeping his royal supporters happy. Garrett is like grim reaper slowly sucking the life out of this team.