WNBA's Tulsa Shock moving to Dallas

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tulsa Shock majority owner Bill Cameron solidified more than a week's worth of rumors Monday, announcing in a press release his plans to relocate the team to the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Shock minority owner Stuart Price fired back Monday evening, holding a press conference to announce that he had filed a lawsuit against Cameron.
Someone's not happy. I'll be surprised if this doesn't get a majority vote from the owners.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why did they leave Detroit to go to Tulsa in the first place? They had a lot of success there and their attendance in a bad year was still better than Tulsa's in a good year.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Well, OKC was a hot city due to them receiving the Thunder and they probably thought that most of the Detroit Shock roster would make that move. When they didn't, it became another expansion team.

kristie

Reaction score
Well, OKC was a hot city due to them receiving the Thunder and they probably thought that most of the Detroit Shock roster would make that move. When they didn't, it became another expansion team.

and now just when things seem to be looking up for the shock, this decision combined with skylar diggins being lost for the season with a knee injury happens.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Dallas is probably best for them... Detroit has a high unemployment rate, and struggled to support them. Tulsa seemed to be just a pitstop.
Goodluck to the franchise in Dallas.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It is a good move for them.

Dallas has resources and facilities Tulsa does not. While I love the idea of a mid market like Tulsa owning a WNBA team the reality is the attendance is just not there.

If this team plays in Frisco where the Legends play I'll get season tickets.
I am not a WNBA fan but my girls AAU team all are.

Bringing Diggins to town is very cool and of course the 2nd best player, Odyssey Sims is from Dallas.
In fact you are starting to see a lot of the best talent in the league come out of North Texas; like Britney Griner.

kristie

Reaction score
It is a good move for them.

Dallas has resources and facilities Tulsa does not. While I love the idea of a mid market like Tulsa owning a WNBA team the reality is the attendance is just not there.

If this team plays in Frisco where the Legends play I'll get season tickets.
I am not a WNBA fan but my girls AAU team all are.

Bringing Diggins to town is very cool and of course the 2nd best player, Odyssey Sims is from Dallas.
In fact you are starting to see a lot of the best talent in the league come out of North Texas; like Britney Griner.

i like her. she's one of my favorite players.

kristie

Reaction score
great article here:

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sports/...n-stronger-as-league-enters-dallas-market.ece