Wolverine tears

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
So what is everybody's take on Rich Rodriguez and his practice habits up in Ann Arbor?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
My take is every coach in america exceeds the 20 hour limit and i'd bet it was a fat guy who ratted him out.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CATCH17;2915965 said:
My take is every coach in america exceeds the 20 hour limit and i'd bet it was a fat guy who ratted him out.
:hammer:

A jilted ex-player who has revenge on the mind... and yeah is probably fat.

Temo

Reaction score
Ah, the old "everyone does it" defense.

NCAA players should not be spending more than 20 hours a week-- during the school year no less-- on football. I don't care that everyone else does it-- if they do, they should stop.

That, or just drop the lame "Student-Athlete" moniker and just pay them for goodness sake.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;2915963 said:
So what is everybody's take on Rich Rodriguez and his practice habits up in Ann Arbor?

I think this is along the lines of why he and Ed P did not get along. Rich wanted many things...sure he only said some things in public that seemed normal (although digging into them some were already granted while others were violations) but he also wanted total control without oversight. This is probably one of the things he wanted to do with that control. And if he would have gotten that we would be talking about him getting in trouble for it at WVU instead of Michigan.

I don't feel sorry for him in the least and would not be shocked if Michigan leaders are writing all of this stuff down to use as an excuse to can him if he has another bad season.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2915963 said:
well #1 as a Michigan fan I hate that they signed Rich Rodriguez. I don't like him as a coach and the way he runs his offense.

as for the practice thing everybody does it so I don't care. sounds like some kid who couldn't handle it went and told on him.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Temo;2916020 said:

NCAA players should not be spending more than 20 hours a week-- during the school year no less-- on football. I don't care that everyone else does it-- if they do, they should stop.

That, or just drop the lame "Student-Athlete" moniker and just pay them for goodness sake.
That's an entirely different topic, and I would support that too.

Temo

Reaction score
peplaw06;2916199 said:
That's an entirely different topic, and I would support that too.

No, it's the same topic. The rules are there so these unpaid kids aren't abused so some coach can keep making 2 million dollars a year (way more money than most of these kids will ever make). They should enforce these rules, and they should enforce them for everyone, not just Rich Rodriguez.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
There is an article in the Detroit Free Press written by Michael Rosenberg and Mark Snyder that makes it seem like more than just one fat guy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Temo;2916020 said:

I could really care less about Michigan so i'm not really defending them. It's just the truth.

If the NCAA wants to do anything about it they'll make an example out of Michigan for doing this but nobody is going to punish someone for putting in more work.

If they do get punished it will be just a tiny hand slap.

Temo

Reaction score
CATCH17;2916586 said:
I could really care less about Michigan so i'm not really defending them. It's just the truth.

If the NCAA wants to do anything about it they'll make an example out of Michigan for doing this but nobody is going to punish someone for putting in more work.

If they do get punished it will be just a tiny hand slap.

I know it's the truth. And they should be punished if they are caught. And since the NCAA sucks at doing its job, I'm glad two reporters did. It's just too bad Rodriguez only has 3 wins to vacate after all is said and done:laugh2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Temo;2916292 said:
No, it's the same topic. The rules are there so these unpaid kids aren't abused so some coach can keep making 2 million dollars a year (way more money than most of these kids will ever make). They should enforce these rules, and they should enforce them for everyone, not just Rich Rodriguez.
Paying student athletes is a different topic from whether every NCAA coach around the Country practices their kids more than 20 hours a week.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2915963 said:
I think if he's the only NCAA coach that does it, I'll kiss everyone's *** at Cowboy's Stadium before the Giants game in week two. Everyone does it. If you think your team doesn't, please send me a post card from Fantasy Island and tell Mr. Rourk and Tatoo I said hello while you're there.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
Temo;2916292 said:
I wish these points were true and realistic. Unfortunately, they aren't. Not even close. The NCAA is without question the single most corrupt organization in America today. They exist for the sole purpose of creating more money and power for themselves. They don't care about fairness, paying kids, cheating or anything else unless it's in their best interest or unless you've done something to really piss them off. If you doubt any of what I have just said, find a copy of "Undue Process: The NCAA's Injustice For All". It will give you great insight into who the NCAA and the people behind it really are. If you love college athletics however, it will make you sick to your stomach. I know it did me.

Temo

Reaction score
peplaw06;2916796 said:
Paying student athletes is a different topic from whether every NCAA coach around the Country practices their kids more than 20 hours a week.

I know everyone does it. And it's still wrong. And they should be punished. That's my point.

Temo

Reaction score
Scranton Tiger;2917005 said:
I wish these points were true and realistic. Unfortunately, they aren't. Not even close. The NCAA is without question the single most corrupt organization in America today. They exist for the sole purpose of creating more money and power for themselves. They don't care about fairness, paying kids, cheating or anything else unless it's in their best interest or unless you've done something to really piss them off. If you doubt any of what I have just said, find a copy of "Undue Process: The NCAA's Injustice For All". It will give you great insight into who the NCAA and the people behind it really are. If you love college athletics however, it will make you sick to your stomach. I know it did me.

I know how the NCAA works. And I'm saying you can't excuse it. Punish anyone who does this. Just like how the guys in Florida who got caught cheating on tests, or Memphis getting punished because Derrick Rose had someone take his SATs for him.

Same deal here. Don't care if everyone does it. If you can prove that Michigan does it, then punish them.

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
Temo;2918396 said:
I know how the NCAA works. And I'm saying you can't excuse it. Punish anyone who does this. Just like how the guys in Florida who got caught cheating on tests, or Memphis getting punished because Derrick Rose had someone take his SATs for him.

Same deal here. Don't care if everyone does it. If you can prove that Michigan does it, then punish them.
The NCAA can prove that lots of teams are breaking the rules. That's my point. They are selective about who, when and how severely school are punished. I agree with you in principle. The problem is not what you are saying should be the case. I agree it should be that way. The problem is that the ones enforcing the rules are FAR MORE corrupt than the schools they govern. That's where the problem lies. You can't punish someone for jay walking while you let a felon go uncharged. I can't urge you enough to find and read a copy of the book I mentioned. It explains what I'm trying to say in a much more in depth way.

Temo

Reaction score
On the bright side, my cousin who went to Michigan had only this to say to me...

"We talkin' bout practice. Not a game. Not a game. Not a game. We talkin' bout practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? What are we talkin about??"