Woman Calls 911 With Pizza Complaint

k19

Reaction score
Woman Calls 911 With Pizza Complaint Wed May 25, 7:08 AM ET

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - An 86-year-old woman was jailed after police said she called 911 dispatchers 20 times in a little more than a half-hour — all to complain that a pizza parlor wouldn't deliver.

Dorothy Densmore was charged with misusing the 911 system, a jail spokeswoman said.

She told dispatchers Sunday that a local pizza shop refused to deliver a pie to her south Charlotte apartment, said Officer Mandy Giannini. She also complained that someone at the shop called her a "crazy old coot," Giannini said.

Densmore wanted them arrested. Instead, police came to arrest her, and she resisted, Giannini said.

It's unusual for someone to face charges for nonemergency calls, Giannini said. But on Sunday, Densmore kept calling 911, even after she was told to stop, Giannini said.

When an officer arrived at her apartment, the 5-foot-tall, 98-pound woman attacked him, Giannini said. Densmore scratched him, kicked and bit his hand, she said.

Densmore also is charged with resisting a public officer and two counts of misusing the 911 system, jail records show.

Hoov

Reaction score
Given the fact of her age and how incredibly outlandish her comments were she probably has some kind of dementia. I really laughed at the part where the article said she kept calling even after they told her to stop.

k19

Reaction score
I wonder if the pizza place delivered to the jail :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This reminded me of the recording of the woman at the burger joint drive through calling 911 because of her order being wrong and them refusing to serve her lol.

Nice waste of tax payers money and the idea that there are people out there that need the 911 service for legit reasons.

joseephuss

Reaction score
How about this one?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7492902/?GT1=6428

911 dispatcher
reprimanded
for wisecrack
Apologizes after facetious offer to shoot child

The Associated Press
Updated: 7:05 p.m. ET April 14, 2005

WATAUGA, Texas - A 911 dispatcher was reprimanded for responding to a mother’s plea for help with an unruly child by saying: “OK. Do you want us to come over to shoot her?”

“I admit what I did. It was stupid, it was inexcusable and I’m sorry,” said dispatcher Mike Forbess.

The woman, identified only as Lori in Wednesday’s Fort Worth Star-Telegram, said she recently phoned authorities after coming home to find her daughters fighting. She told the dispatcher that her 12-year-old had kicked a hole in the door.

After Forbess’ comment, the woman fell silent for about five seconds.

“Are you there?” Forbess asked.

“Excuse me?” the woman asked.

Forbess, a dispatcher for five years at the Watauga Department of Public Safety, told her he was joking and apologized. But the woman was offended, and Forbess immediately told his supervisor what happened.

“This type of response cannot be tolerated, and this letter shall serve as notice that any future unprofessional responses while answering the 911 line will be cause for termination,” Police Chief David Van Laar wrote to Forbess.

Watauga is a Fort Worth suburb of about 22,100 residents.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
joseephuss said:
How about this one?

911 dispatcher
reprimanded
for wisecrack

The Associated Press

WATAUGA, Texas - A 911 dispatcher was reprimanded for responding to a mother’s plea for help with an unruly child by saying: “OK. Do you want us to come over to shoot her?”

“I admit what I did. It was stupid, it was inexcusable and I’m sorry,” said dispatcher Mike Forbess.

The woman, identified only as Lori in Wednesday’s Fort Worth Star-Telegram, said she recently phoned authorities after coming home to find her daughters fighting. She told the dispatcher that her 12-year-old had kicked a hole in the door.

Forbess, a dispatcher for five years at the Watauga Department of Public Safety, told her he was joking and apologized. But the woman was offended, and Forbess immediately told his supervisor what happened.

“This type of response cannot be tolerated, and this letter shall serve as notice that any future unprofessional responses while answering the 911 line will be cause for termination,” Police Chief David Van Laar wrote to Forbess.

Well, it would've stopped the fighting. That's why she called, right? :rolleyes:

Hoov

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
How about this one?

911 dispatcher
reprimanded
for wisecrack

The Associated Press

i do wonder what the lady expected the police to do.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
vert.doris.densmore.jpg

Dorothy Densmore is charged with misusing the emergency hotline.