Wonder why QBs are making all the money

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just the way the NFL wants it ............so stop blaming these kids. Whether or not they deserve isn't the issue ( I agree they don't ) but it's their calling and honestly, there is not a single fan/poster who would do it differently in their shoes.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
odds are 1 out of the 4 will see a second HUGE contract, none of them are going to a great situation..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nobody should blame the players.

Of course it’s the teams making these idiotic deals.

They do it for business and relevancy and not so much winning a championship.

Paying top dollar for QBs is an awful recipe for winning a title. Especially when they aren’t elite.

shabazz

Reaction score
Frankly, the media and the influence of Hollywood...
Agree. I still can’t get over the over hyping and group thing the media maintained over Lamar Jackson’s contract.

99% of the media I’ve seen was on a personal mission to see the Ravens break the bank with guaranteed money for a quarterback without any thought to the team’s potential liability and risk to give garunteed money to a running quarterback that’s been injury prone because of it.

The NBA has already shown what happens when lunatics run the asylum and the media shows no business sense in these matters because they have an agenda to see certain people be given buckets of money…..must ease them of some guilt they harbor

CCBoy

Reaction score
Agree. I still can’t get over the over hyping and group thing the media maintained over Lamar Jackson’s contract.

99% of the media I’ve seen was on a personal mission to see the Ravens break the bank with guaranteed money for a quarterback without any thought to the team’s potential liability and risk to give garunteed money to a running quarterback that’s been injury prone because of it.

The NBA has already shown what happens when lunatics run the asylum and the media shows no business sense in these matters because they have an agenda to see certain people be given buckets of money…..must ease them of some guilt they harbor
I have to admit that the media allows this level of income to watch Cowboys football game and bring team information timely on their events. That and they are fueling revenues that give credability for signing one's own players with greatly expanding Cap Levels. One is able to reasonably retain players now, where it was tough to do so before right now.

Jerry and Stephen worked hard to retain a competitive team!

Now it falls on the coaches and scouts, which becomes a Cowboys upgrade as well.

GMO415

Reaction score
Just the way the NFL wants it ............so stop blaming these kids. Whether or not they deserve isn't the issue ( I agree they don't ) but it's their calling and honestly, there is not a single fan/poster who would do it differently in their shoes.

Leave Britney alone! Dry your tears. QBs are big boys they don't need your protection.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No... other than the center, they are the one player that touches the ball every down offensively.
The only position that if you have incompetence you are going nowhere esp in the playoffs.
Hence the big paydays they receive.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
QBs influence the outcome of games more than any other position, resulting in the NFL becoming a QB driven league. They have more of an impact on the game than they’ve ever had before, because the NFL has evolved into a passing league. Many of the QBs today are dual threat, and can destroy a defense with their arm and their legs. It’s hard to win a Super Bowl these days without a great QB, because most Super Bowls come down to the QB having to make plays. It’s the most coveted/important position, therefore it should be the highest paid. League MVPs, Super Bowl MVPs, and the top player taken in the NFL draft are usually QBs. Can’t really understand why fans have so big an issue on the amount of money players, especially QBs make. You’re simply not going to win a championship trying to go cheap at QB. You have dimwits on this board that think you can simply build your team everywhere else and if you can build a great enough team, you can win with a lesser QB. I don’t care how great a team you build, eventually it will come down to your QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The top four in the MVP running were QBs and the top two were playing in the Super Bowl. To have a good shot at reaching the Super Bowl your QB has to be playing at a very high level.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I believe that the QB, WR, OL, RB, TE, DE, DT, LB, S, CB, K, P deserve every last penny they can get.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
QBs influence the outcome of games more than any other position, resulting in the NFL becoming a QB driven league. They have more of an impact on the game than they’ve ever had before, because the NFL has evolved into a passing league. Many of the QBs today are dual threat, and can destroy a defense with their arm and their legs. It’s hard to win a Super Bowl these days without a great QB, because most Super Bowls come down to the QB having to make plays. It’s the most coveted/important position, therefore it should be the highest paid. League MVPs, Super Bowl MVPs, and the top player taken in the NFL draft are usually QBs. Can’t really understand why fans have so big an issue on the amount of money players, especially QBs make. You’re simply not going to win a championship trying to go cheap at QB. You have dimwits on this board that think you can simply build your team everywhere else and if you can build a great enough team, you can win with a lesser QB. I don’t care how great a team you build, eventually it will come down to your QB.
it is a challenge, but its also that the past 10 superbowls mostly been won by a generational QB like Mahomes and the Goat. those don't fall off the tree. that's why they are generational and the Goat.
the only exceptions are Philadelphia who won it with a back up (beating the goat) and a definitely over the hill Manning and Stafford, who at some point may have been elite, but he was just a good QB when Rams won it. But away from these two QBs who tend to dominate, there was a mixed bag of how you win a superbowl, where Eli won it, Russell won it, etc. yes, at those times they played at a very high level.

one common factor in most of the teams is a great to elite defense for the year they won it.

with that said, about a 1/3 of the superbowl QBs are good QBs, not generational or Elite, ala Hurts, Grapolo, Goff, Foles, Newton, Ryan, old manning.

still they played at a high level the year they made it to the superbowl, so to your point high Level QB play is needed. and I agree, you can't go cheap, unless you built a fantastic team around them and have an elite type defense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

BS!!! I would take less if it would help the team stay intact and keep the playoff streak alive for years to come. $30 - $32 million a year is way plenty to survive off of. If you want to dispute that, get ready to get embarrassed.