Wonderlic scores for the rookies

Silverstar

Reaction score
I got curious about this today, so I decided to look up the scores for all our rookies in training camp right now.

The test itself consists of 50 questions that the participant is allowed 12 minutes to answer. A score of 20 is intended to indicate average intelligence (corresponding to an intelligence quotient of 100; a rough conversion is accomplished via the following formula: IQ = 2WPT + 60). Players were given two oppurtunities to take the test at the NFL combine.

Drafted Players

OLB Jason Williams - not invited to combine
OT Robert Brewster - 17/11
QB Stephen McGee - 25/35
DE Victor Butler - 20/20
DE Brandon Williams - DNT/19
CB DeAngelo Smith - 7/12
FS Michael Hamlin - 20/20
PK David Buehler - 22/22
SS Stephen Hodge - 13/15
TE John Phillips - 16/18
CB Mike Mickens - 24/20
WR Manuel Johnson - 16/21

Undrafted Free Agents

QB Rudy Carpenter - 18/16
WR Kevin Ogletree - DNT/24
WR Jesse Holley - not invited to combine
WR Julian Hawkins - not invited to combine
FB Asaph Swhapp - not invited to combine
OT Andre Douglas - not invited to combine
OG Travis Bright - 27/27
OG Greg Isdaner - DNT/38

All wonderlic results...

http://profootballweekly.com/2009/04/21/wonderlic-test-results-only-a-piece-of-the-intelli

All combine results...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Don't let the scores fool you, Wonderlic results are not a true measure of intelligence.

Case in point, Chris Cooley scored a 30.

Really, thanks for looking that info up. I was wondering about that information earlier, actually.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Greg Isdaner got a 38? Sounds like the kind of guy you want making the line calls. He's still my darkhorse to make the team. He may have to spend a year on the Practice Squad though.

Temo

Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering, Kevin Barnes, CB out of Maryland got the high score, 41/50

My boy Tiquan Underwood from my Alma Mater (Rutgers) got a 38, tied with a couple others for 3rd highest. Rep our academics, Tiquan, even if we don't win a significant bowl game :)