Reaction score
Assumptions:

1. Roy Williams (SS) is cut/traded
2. Dallas picks up 1 CB/S in FA
3. Dallas picks up 1 DL in FA
4. Dallas gets 2 comp picks this year

Round 2
P Chung, Oregon, SS
From Day 1, P Chung can man the SS position for the Cowboys and is an instant starter. In addition, he should be a great Special Teamer. JJ has mentioned several times now how important it is for 2009 to improve STs.

Round 3
D Beckwith, LSU, ILB
Beckwith can complement Brooking at ILB, initially on passing downs covering RBs and TEs. Eventually Beckwith will take over for Brooking and we will have 2 LSU ILBs starting for the Cowboys. In addition, like Chung, Beckwith should be an excellent Special Teams player.

Round 4a
L Sidbury, Richmond, OLB
Sidbury already has the size at 266 lbs., and he has very good speed (sub 4.7 sec. in the 40). What he does not have is experience. I am assuming Ellis is around for 1 more season and Sidbury does not need to be rushed. In time Sidbury should be a good pressure player for us. And again, a potentially excellent STs player for us.

Round 4b
R Bomar, Sam Houston State, QB
Kitna is a 2-3 year solution. That is sufficient time for Bomar to get up to speed and eventually take over for Kitna.

Round 5a
L Vasquez, Texas Tech, OG
He's massive, strong, and should fit right in. With Berger gone, Vasquez easily fits in and upgrades the position.

Round 5b
Myron Pryor, Kentucky, DT
Pryor splits a few reps at NT as a rookie. He has good size and is disruptive. Good motor. We could look at a few different NT/DTs here, but I think Pryor may offer the most versatility in being more than just a run plugger.

Round 5c
Mike Thomas, Arizona, WR/KR
Frankly said, we need a punt returner, and Thomas could step in right away. Additionally, our current WRs are all tall and big. At 5-8 and 195 lbs., Thomas is more quick and elusive. We can also use him in the slot. He runs sub 4.50 as well. While Thomas may never be a number 1 or number 2 WR in the pros, he can add value on STs and playing the slot as a number 3 down the road.

Round 6a
Jari Word-Daniels, Georgia Tech, CB
At 6-0 and nearly 200 lbs he has good size. He could initially play STs and be groomed as a number 3 or number 4 CB down the line.

Round 6b
Stephen Hodge, TCU, SS
Hodge is 6-0 and about 235lbs and runs a 4.49 40. He is a top STs guy. I thought he could not only provide depth at SS, but given his tremendous size, he could also play some LB in nickel situations. In other words, the role JJ/Wade were considering for R Williams. In the meantime, Hodge could be a great STs guy for us.

Round 7a
Ra'Shon Harris, Oregon, DT/DE
Harris is currently a DT, but in Wade's defense he moves to DE. He is 6-4" and weighs 298 lbs, runs just under a 5.0 40, and he is pretty strong (28 reps). He's got good size and athleticsm for a 3-4 DE. Within 1-2 years, he could easily replace guys like Bowen, for example.

Round 7b
Jorvorskie Lane, Texas A&M, FB
At 6-0 and weighing 275-285 lbs and running around a 4.75 sec 40, he is a load. While he had a good 2007, he had a poor 2008 outing. As a FB, Lane can also run and catch. He had 12 rec in 2007, for example. If motivated, I think Lane can be used in a variety of ways. Goal line, short yardage, etc. I think this is a player with a lot of upside, and in Round 7, that's what you look for. If we are going to run the ball more this season, a big, athletic fullback is useful.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Don't see us using a 4th on a QB at this point. Overall, pretty solid, imo.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2662230 said:
solid, I like it

Same although I don't know if Beckwith goes in the 3rd he might be a 2nd round draft pick.

I would like this draft I don't like the assumption of cutting RW =/.

Woods

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2662261 said:
Same although I don't know if Beckwith goes in the 3rd he might be a 2nd round draft pick.

I would like this draft I don't like the assumption of cutting RW =/.

I basically made that assumption given all the rumors of us trying to trade him, etc.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Id rather Johnson or Smith over Chung, but Id have to sign up for that.

Few more linemen wouldnt hurt either