Woods nearly a top-five FS, numbers show

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes, Richard has Jourdan lewis on the bench whos played better than chido and anthony brown. He was smart enough to make byron a corner though. TBH after that rams game if every defensive coach got blown out I would have been ok with it. I think that game cost Richard a head coaching job.
you know he screams on the sideline...so therefore he must be a good coach (sarcasm intended). there are many on this board, who think Richard is the "IT".....and should be headcoach...btw, I think Richard ain't all that..... he is good, but not great.....

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Woods and Iloka will likely start together right? Heath and Iloka will probably split time.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
you know he screams on the sideline...so therefore he must be a good coach (sarcasm intended). there are many on this board, who think Richard is the "IT".....and should be headcoach...btw, I think Richard ain't all that..... he is good, but not great.....
I mean he's better than marinelli, but that isn't saying much

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I mean he's better than marinelli, but that isn't saying much
not even sure about that....... his shtick is give me great players and I make a great defense....well heck....75% of coaches in NFL can do that....the key is can you make average players better, can you squeeze blood out of rock.....

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
not even sure about that....... his shtick is give me great players and I make a great defense....well heck....75% of coaches in NFL can do that....the key is can you make average players better, can you squeeze blood out of rock.....
Correct and neither of them are getting blood out of a rock

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Just came across this......confirms what I said in another thread that once ET deal fell through, Woods became our 2019 starting FS. Didn't realize he started 10 games last year and actually played pretty damn good. Just my take but it also confirms maybe they weren't as high on Thornhill as we were led to believe.

BTW.....I'm guessing Richard saw more instinct ( critical for FS) in Woods with 10 starts than Byron Jones showed over three years.
Xavier Woods nearly a top five NFL free safety, numbers show
ByPATRIK WALKER Dec 3, 2018

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-five-NFL-free-safety-numbers-show-125814766/
Pour some hot chocolate, pull up a chair and let's talk about Xavier Woods.

Arguably one of the most overlooked young players on the Dallas Cowboys' roster, the majority of the football world shoved him into a closet this past offseason as talks of a potential move for All-Pro safety Earl Thomas dominated the headlines -- for months on end -- all the way up to Sept. 30, when he broke his leg against the Arizona Cardinals. That ended Thomas' season and any further speculation of a trade, which was exceedingly unlikely to occur anyway, because the Seattle Seahawks proved they weren't going to send him home to North Texas when they stiff-armed a third-round pick offer and then one for a second-rounder -- with reports having surfaced things were being finalized to send him to the Kansas City Chiefs for the latter.

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/03/27/dallas-cowboys-xavier-woods-star-2019/

I read a comment of SJ who said he thinks Woods can be a great FS for us. After that i put all my hope in him to rest.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It appears Richard and Marinelli decided let's give this kid a chance (full season ), he's earned it.
This.

It's an argument for taking Hill instead of FS Thornhill

Sounds like wanted Strong Safety Will Harris at 90 but he got taken before then.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Cowboys problem is Strong Safety. Eric Berry is still available and would be a significant upgrade. He visited the Cowboys so there is hope.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Just came across this......confirms what I said in another thread that once ET deal fell through, Woods became our 2019 starting FS. Didn't realize he started 10 games last year and actually played pretty damn good. Just my take but it also confirms maybe they weren't as high on Thornhill as we were led to believe.

BTW.....I'm guessing Richard saw more instinct ( critical for FS) in Woods with 10 starts than Byron Jones showed over three years.
Xavier Woods nearly a top five NFL free safety, numbers show
ByPATRIK WALKER Dec 3, 2018

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-five-NFL-free-safety-numbers-show-125814766/
Pour some hot chocolate, pull up a chair and let's talk about Xavier Woods.

Arguably one of the most overlooked young players on the Dallas Cowboys' roster, the majority of the football world shoved him into a closet this past offseason as talks of a potential move for All-Pro safety Earl Thomas dominated the headlines -- for months on end -- all the way up to Sept. 30, when he broke his leg against the Arizona Cardinals. That ended Thomas' season and any further speculation of a trade, which was exceedingly unlikely to occur anyway, because the Seattle Seahawks proved they weren't going to send him home to North Texas when they stiff-armed a third-round pick offer and then one for a second-rounder -- with reports having surfaced things were being finalized to send him to the Kansas City Chiefs for the latter.

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/03/27/dallas-cowboys-xavier-woods-star-2019/
Still can't believe he fell to the 6th that year. Some idiot in a thread last week was telling me picks after the 4th were useless and Woods was a spare. I hope he reads this thread