News: Woodson- Jason Garrett entering "make or break" season

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
He really doesn't say that he knows anything. He basically says that all coaches every year are in a make or break and then conjectures that JG is one of them and needs to win in the playoffs. I don't see this as a revelation. More of a "somebody asked Woody a question and he answered it".

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I doubt anyone really knows what to expect this year or beyond it. Anything can happen in 2018. It's for sure that it'll be interesting to keep up with whatever is in store for the team and JG as well once this season ends. Jerry and Stephen have gone to far greater lengths than they have in any preseason in quite some time to make this year a turnaround point. Only time will tell what will happen between now, season's end and beyond.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. The article begins quoting Woodson saying ‘we just don’t know’ but the Bleacher Report editor did not run with the title “Jason Garrett Could Be Entering Make Or Break Season.”

Cue Bill Parcells’ you’ve been sucked. Hey Bleacher Report (or anyone the public sees as newsworthy)? How about questioning Jerry Jones? Why not hit up Stephen Jones? Take a chance. Who knows? Maybe, possibly, perhaps a real source who DOES know could gift you with something more definitive. No? Click baiting is an art, you say? Suck it, Bleacher Report.

/rant

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He really doesn't say that he knows anything. He basically says that all coaches every year are in a make or break and then conjectures that JG is one of them and needs to win in the playoffs. I don't see this as a revelation. More of a "somebody asked Woody a question and he answered it".
:hammer:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Jerry were to fire Garrett tomorrow I would not blame him but having said that I do support the HC and it falls to him to get this team over the top. I like the fact Jerry is willing to hire and fully support his HC and he has but this is a bottom line business and I don't think if things continue as is that Jerry will continue down this path. Myself I do like Garrett and hope he gets it done if he doesn't then yes I think he will get fired and would hope any HC who is brought in gets the backing from the ownership.

waving monkey

Reaction score
How low can our expectation be from a HC who's been at the job for 8 seasons? Just making the playoffs to keep his job? So are we the Dallas Bengals now? :facepalm:

How about winning few playoff games?
My expectations are fine thank you very much.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why wasn't he fired this off season? I mean, they failed to make the playoffs and yet JG still has a job.

I'm guessing last season wasn't JUST all JG's fault, the FO knows that and we will be a better team this season if every stays their *** on the field.
There's enough negativity around here, we don't need to make it sound like Woody was saying anything definitive.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Article starts out saying “According to former Cowboys star Darren Woodson, though, that long leash may be shortening.” This just tells me he still has years not just this year. Garrett will be here until Jerry can find a better puppet

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Sounds about right...just hope it's not a 6th seed wild card 1 and done...really need a playoff victory

Completely agree. 9-7 with a Wild Card loss is not going to cut it. This guy is well beyond the point where competent coaches can win playoff games.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Enter the usual suspects. "JG is safe no matter what", "JG is Jerry's Landry"........sighhhhhh.

What does one of the all time greats know anyway. ;)
Like us, they just have an opinion, no inside information. Heck, look at Irvin and his "son". He just had dinner with Garrett/Jones and thought everything was good with Dez, and weeks later they cut his him. Old vets, have no inside knowledge of what the Cowboys are thinking.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
My expectations for Garrett are neither good nor bad. This is his season to prove his worth or admit to his failure. I'm anxiously awaiting the results. Romo considers him a coach that tends to his players' attitudes and I'm yet to be convinced that that will be and should be enough. I'm not from Missouri but kindly and dutifully show me, Mr. Garrett, that you are well worth the risk of keeping. I do like your rhetoric but question if that is really enough. :confused:

Last edited: