Recap: Woodson: This is the best group of safeties I've seen with Cowboys

stilltheguru

Reaction score
IDK why Hook does not break some passes once in a while, he plays too far back I guess.

I would think he could cheat a little bit to the weak side since 7 is so damn good in man, but then maybe Q is afraid 7 is gonna cheat for some int's (as he usually does) and leaves Hook back there just in case.

Hope they can adjust and give more help to Nashon in the Poffs.
Hooked is just a solid safety. He's not the Earl Thomas he was hyped as in the draft. It's ok though he's good enough

jrumann59

Reaction score
Yes to a certain extent - but he is the over the top help - and I cant remember when he's made a play back there.
He has been in some PBUs but interceptions and stuff not many teams seem to test the deep part when he is manning the deep part of the field in the coverages. Honestly there is enough liabilities with the other safeties in coverage than Hooker.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
He has been in some PBUs but interceptions and stuff not many teams seem to test the deep part when he is manning the deep part of the field in the coverages. Honestly there is enough liabilities with the other safeties in coverage than Hooker.
Yes, not saying he's bad but I thought I'd see a bit more. Guy was a known ball hawk that was drafted 15th overall.

And yes I know about all the injuries especially the Achilles, but like I said - would like to see a wee bit more.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It is..

We've been hiding a couple dozen Keith Davis types in the secondary backfield since Parcells left.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I agree - great group, hopefully we can pain them when the time comes.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Better than Brock Marion, Darren Woodson, James Washington, Thomas Everette?
Everett may not have been on the 93-94 team now that I think of it.
Very good group of safeties they just need Wright to step up at corner and the secondary will be very solid.

Not sure how you can even fathom mentioning that group and not also mentioning Bill Bates...

And Chris Boooniooooool.

d_cowboy31

Reaction score
The Cowboys have had some really good safety combos. Not sure what you're trying to say.

Woodson is clearly talking about since he retired. We have had horrible safeties since then which makes sense because we have put very few resources towards the position (free agency or draft). Our group is pretty good now but we kind of lucked into it.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Not sure how you can even fathom mentioning that group and not also mentioning Bill Bates...

And Chris Boooniooooool.

I always think of Bates as special teams during those years he was hurt most of 92 and then 93, he didn’t get much time at safety but yes he was part of that unit.
Bonial was a kicker.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Going to be interesting to see how he plays. Does his injury show? Does he play tentative? Does he end up hurting it more?

Macnalty

Reaction score
Better than Brock Marion, Darren Woodson, James Washington, Thomas Everette?
Everett may not have been on the 93-94 team now that I think of it.
Very good group of safeties they just need Wright to step up at corner and the secondary will be very solid.
Thomas played 92-93 season FYI