Word in from ABC...

bouttime

Reaction score
I just got in from work, but I received a phone call from WTEN's program manager concerning next weeks Monday Night Football programing schedule for those of us who live in New York's capitol region (Albany, Schnectady and Saratoga,etc.). ABC will carry the NY/NO game in it's entirety...and will show the Dallas/Wash. game on ESPN beginning at kickoff at 9:00pm EST. They will then switch the game back to ABC at the conclusion of NY/NO !!!

Oh happy Day!!!!!!!!!! :bow:

Nav22

Reaction score
This was the obvious solution all along. I stated this would happen as if it were fact over a week ago, and was shocked to find out it wasn't the official solution yet.

bouttime

Reaction score
I heard a few days ago that ABC will announce this sometime during tonights game.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
bouttime said:
I just got in from work, but I received a phone call from WTEN's program manager concerning next weeks Monday Night Football programing schedule for those of us who live in New York's capitol region (Albany, Schnectady and Saratoga,etc.). ABC will carry the NY/NO game in it's entirety...and will show the Dallas/Wash. game on ESPN beginning at kickoff at 9:00pm EST. They will then switch the game back to ABC at the conclusion of NY/NO !!!

Oh happy Day!!!!!!!!!! :bow:

I pray that this is a fact and that it pertains to the entire Metropolitan Area. Thanks for the update!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
OH my my my...this would be a wonderful thing if it applied here too.

Martice

Reaction score
Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please!!!
Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please!!!

Nav22

Reaction score
I hope this also applies to the New York Metro Area.
Well for everywhere outside NY and the Hurricane-affected areas, we get the Cowboys-Skins game on ABC at 9 ET like we're supposed to. The Giants-Saints moves to ESPN at 9 ET.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Honestly I do not see why this is such an issue. Just play one game on ESPN from the beginning and the other on ABC. Geez. What's with all the flipping? IF you have ESPN AND ABC then you could watch it on either. But is you only have ABC and they switch off, how ticked would you be if you can't watch the rest of the game?

Gordon

Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth, but I was listening to Mike [Francesca] and the Mad Dog on the fan earlier today and they were saying the same thing. NYG/NO is on ABC in its entirety, and at 9PM DAL/WAS plays on ESPN, and switches to ABC after the NO/NYG game.

*EDIT - This of course is pertaining to those in Giants/Saints areas

dallasblue05

Reaction score
I agree, I never understood why they didnt just put one game on ABC (the Boys) and the other game on ESPN. I think they just did it to call it "unpresedented" to make it sound better than it really is, its just an extra game on, which is kool, but I garuntee you it wont have MY attention!!

Gordon

Reaction score
Believe it or not, not everyone has cable, so I guess they're maximizing their ratings by having ABC get a game and a half.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Honestly I do not see why this is such an issue. Just play one game on ESPN from the beginning and the other on ABC. Geez. What's with all the flipping? IF you have ESPN AND ABC then you could watch it on either. But is you only have ABC and they switch off, how ticked would you be if you can't watch the rest of the game?

i was wondering the same thing....i think they're making more it complicated than it has to be

Jimmie

Reaction score
they said here in a dallas, at least a week ago that its gonna be vice versa, for this area. NY/NO starts at 7, at 8 o clock NY/NO moves to ESPN and ABC shows the Dal/Wash game in its entirety.

BlueWave

Reaction score
Gordon said:
Believe it or not, not everyone has cable, so I guess they're maximizing their ratings by having ABC get a game and a half.

Probably those in Hurricane areas are still without cable, so that does make sense to show them on ABC. What didn't make sense, was to have one game on two channels at once. If you want to give ABC to the Giants/Saints in certain areas, okay. But, at least switch the ESPN game to Cowboys/Commanders while your at it.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Saw this post over at the Ranch Report, have no idea how accurate this poster is:

NY to see entire Cowboys/Skins on ESPN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You'll have to trust me on this. My contact from the NFL office has sent me info detailing the Cowboys Commanders will be shown iUpdating the email sent last week regarding the broadcast of two NFL games next Monday night, here is the resolution:

Kick-off for the Saints-Giants game is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on ABC as part of a rare NFL primetime doubleheader. The New Orleans and New York television markets will see the game in its entirety on ABC, and the start of Commanders-Cowboys on ESPN. The rest of the country will see the Commanders-Cowboys game at 9 p.m. on ABC, while also having the option to see the conclusion of the Saints-Giants telecast on ESPN.

ABC affiliates in the following local markets will be airing the Saints-Giants through its conclusion (with the Commanders-Cowboys game airing on ESPN):

New York extended area: Albany, NY; Bangor, ME; Binghamton, NY; Elmira, NY; Hartford-New Haven, CT; New York, NY; Portland, ME; Rochester, NY; Syracuse, NY; Utica, NY; Watertown, NY.

New Orleans extended area: Alexandria, MS; Baton Rouge, LA; Biloxi, MS; Columbus-Tupelo, MS; Greenwood, MS; Jackson, MS; Lafayette, LA; Meridian, MS; Monroe, LA; New Orleans, LA; Pensacola, FL; Shreveport, LA.
n its entirety on ESPN for us in NY!!!!

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Where are you in the capital region? I am from Berne, but work in Albany.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Whats weird to me is the fact that this was supposed to be a Fox game based on the fact that they are 2 NFC teams. Did Fox agree to give up this game ? Commercails were probably pre-paid and stuff...Wonder what the NFL did to compensate them for this ?