World Cup Thread

CowboyMark

Reaction score
Anyone here like or love soccer. I love it. It's great. I can't wait. It's the most exciting sports tournament in the world and it's almost here. I would love to tell you that mexico is going to win it all. But I would also love to tell you that the Eagles have a super bowl trophy:lmao2:, the 49ers are winning 13 games next year:laugh2: , and the deadskins have all the cap space to pursue high priced free agents:lmao: but just like mexico winning the cup, I don't think so. But I really do think Germany will win it for a fourth time in the finals against Italy. thats my prediction. Does anyone think the U.S. has a chance because really they do have a good team.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The U.S. does not have a chance no matter what kind of draw they get. This is the big time and even with probably their best team, they just aren't up their with the top teams.

Germany and Italy are good choices. You never can discount Brazil.

The World Cup is great. There are always some great viewing parties to attend especially if a South American team is playing. I usually don't watch too much soccer until the WC rolls around. I easily prefer watching football over soccer. I do love playing soccer on my little co-ed team.

jem88

Reaction score
CowboyMark said:
Anyone here like or love soccer. I love it. It's great. I can't wait. It's the most exciting sports tournament in the world and it's almost here. I would love to tell you that mexico is going to win it all. But I would also love to tell you that the Eagles have a super bowl trophy:lmao2:, the 49ers are winning 13 games next year:laugh2: , and the deadskins have all the cap space to pursue high priced free agents:lmao: but just like mexico winning the cup, I don't think so. But I really do think Germany will win it for a fourth time in the finals against Italy. thats my prediction. Does anyone think the U.S. has a chance because really they do have a good team.
Mexico will be second-round fodder for the good teams (as usual.) The U.S. will be lucky to make it out of the group stages. Brazil is far and out the most talented team: Ronaldinho, Ronaldo (getting fat but still a player), Adriana, Robinho and Kaka all providing the attacking edge. You can never count out Argentina. Look for Lionel Messi to announce himself to the world in the summer. Some say he's truly the next Maradona. Holland is another wild-card. They have the talent, as usual, but they always have some chemistry issues. Still having Van Nistelrooy, Van der Vaart, Robben, and Sneijder can only be a good thing. I'm an England fan, but I can't see them winning it. Rooney is their only player who could get a place in the Brazilian side. Never count out France either. Zidane may have one last virtuoso performance in him.