world turned upside down

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Lindsay Lohan 'likes' women.

the Eagles and Commanders suddenly look like they can keep the Cowboys in the NFC basement.

I am not saying the Cowboys will automatically roll over for the Eagles and Skins. But i do see a good-throwing McFlabb and a fired up Skins team.

At this juncture of Dallas Cowboys history, it has never looked as dismal.

I really am thinking about revising my prediction of a 9-7 Cowboys to an 8-8 Cowboys.
yes, injuries.
but also with a gutless coach to lead them.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2410668 said:

the Eagles and Commanders suddenly look like they can keep the Cowboys in the NFC basement.

I am not saying the Cowboys will automatically roll over for the Eagles and Skins. But i do see a good-throwing McFlabb and a fired up Skins team.

I really am thinking about revising my prediction of a 9-7 Cowboys to an 8-8 Cowboys.
yes, injuries.

Eagles lost and we have the tie breaker over them thus far....I think your jumping the gun a little bit...make this thread after we beat the skins and see how the outcome looks like.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Over reaction big time.

Come back in off the ledge.

It has looked far far far more dismal than this before. Please!

DallasDomination

Reaction score
All I know is that when I watch the Cowboys I see no fire in the players or the coaching.

eagles and Skins at this point are better...I'm not going to predict a record because it doesnt matter at this point. beat The Skins then We'll talk.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
The Eagles have way more issues than the Cowboys. They are getting old...McNabb looks terrible(he almost threw up again last night). The Philly fans are calling for Reid and Marty to be fired. Not worried about Philly at all.

"Beat the Skins Save the Season."

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FYI, the Eagles took the mantle of basement-dwellers by losing last night.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
There is still a lot of football left to be played. Dont star worrying until after Thanksgiving. Hopefully by then, Dallas will have 3 more wins under their belt going into the final 1/4 of the season. Also remember, that starting with the 49'ers game, Dallas has 4 of their last 6 at home.

stiletto

Reaction score

yes, injuries.

A sobering reality it is right now and you will get blasted for your opinion but I feel the same way. The next game will tell a 1000 tales. If we lay an egg in this game this season is toast. Everyone knows it deep down too, even the biggest homers. Hopefully Romo turns it around and we go back to playing the way we did the first 3 games.

stiletto

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2410672 said:
Over reaction big time.

Come back in off the ledge.

It has looked far far far more dismal than this before. Please!

Off course it has been dismal before. At least then we weren't EXPECTING a 12-4, 13-3 season. This season is far more depressing because of the magnitude of the under-achieving that has occurred. Although there is some excuses for it with all the injuries, it is still very painful to watch this spiral of death that is the 2008 Cowboys....all we can do now is hope/dream of a turn-a-round.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
stiletto;2410821 said:
Off course it has been dismal before. At least then we weren't EXPECTING a 12-4, 13-3 season. This season is far more depressing because of the magnitude of the under-achieving that has occurred. Although there is some excuses for it with all the injuries, it is still very painful to watch this spiral of death that is the 2008 Cowboys....all we can do now is hope/dream of a turn-a-round.

We can still have a 13-3 season. ...just not THIS season. :laugh2:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
stiletto;2410821 said:

Yeah, your point is what I did not make clear. And it was a very good one.

Yes, there was so much expectation this year. i really fell into the wishful thinking that even with Wade, the team was so awesome, pesonnel-wise, that even weak coaching could not ruin it.

As a longtime fan it hurts, really, really hurts to see what happened the first part of the season.
I can take losing. I just cannot take it when it seems that the players don't seem to be enthusiastic about playing.