Worlds fastest secondary?

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Do you all realize that with the exception of Henry, every one of our potential starting cornerbacks runs in the 4.3 range? :eek: That's just nuts :eek: :bow:

wileedog

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2058987 said:
let's run down the list

4.37 Newman
4.38 Jenkins
4.36 Scandrick
4.3 Jones

noice

So at least if we screw up the playoffs again we can get a relay team going...

PosterChild

Reaction score
Anybody concerned about Pacman's influence on the rookie corners? Just wondering aloud... But yes, speed was needed on this team and we added on O and D. Good job, Jerry. I've always said you were a legendary GM. I don't care what other people say....

PosterChild

Reaction score
let's run down the list

4.37 Newman
4.38 Jenkins
4.36 Scandrick
4.3 Jones

noice

Where did you get the Jones number? I have him at 4.46

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
PosterChild;2058996 said:
Anybody concerned about Pacman's influence on the rookie corners? Just wondering aloud... But yes, speed was needed on this team and we added on O and D. Good job, Jerry. I've always said you were a legendary GM. I don't care what other people say....

MAYBE, PacMan will realize that he's a position of influence and be on his best behavior because he doesn't want Jenkins or Scandrick to make the mistakes he made.

::crosses fingers::

that's what I'm hoping lol

wileedog

Reaction score
Anybody concerned about Pacman's influence on the rookie corners? Just wondering aloud...

You have solid character vets in T-New and Henry, and Pacman on his last chance. Should be ok.

ilovejerry

Reaction score

Yes I was wondering what if they get carded at the stirp joints, Uncle Pacman to the rescue

PosterChild

Reaction score
ilovejerry;2059010 said:
Yes I was wondering what if they get carded at the stirp joints, Uncle Pacman to the rescue

True and you wouldn't want them wandering into one of those low class joints either. Pacman could guide them to the classy joints.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
PosterChild;2059000 said:
Where did you get the Jones number? I have him at 4.46

•Adam "Pac-Man" Jones is entering the nfl with just two years of starting experience, having opted to forgo his senior season at West Virginia. Jones has decent height and average size. He gets pushed around by larger receivers so he may need to bulk up some and get stronger to better handle some of the larger NFL receivers. What he loses in size, he makes up for with outstanding atletic ability. He began his career fast, running a 4.41 40 as a freshman and ended it even faster, improving his time to 4.31. He is a true "playmaker" who has a real nose for the football. He has the speed to cover anybody on the football field and does a good job of timnig his jumps when going after a ball in the air. He tends to get a little overaggressive at times which can lead to costly penalties or giving up a big play when he goes for the interception instead of playing it safe. In run support Jones is a solid tackler who hits hard and does a good job of stripping the football. Jones is not only an excellent cornerback, but an excellent special teams player as well. He plays on the kickoff coverage team and is one of the most exciting kickoff returners in the nation. He earned Big East special teams player of the year honors for his efforts in 2004. He didn't leave a great last impression in his final college game, fumbling a kickoff and being flagged for two costly personal foul penalties, but he is one of the best defensive backs coming out and he continues to improve on a weekly basis. "Pac-Man" has what it takes to develop into a top corner at the professional level and should be a first round pick on draft day.

Source: OTC Draft.com (http://2005.otcdraft.com/content/profiles/cornerback/Pac-ManJones.php)

ilovejerry

Reaction score
PosterChild;2059015 said:
True and you wouldn't want them wandering into one of those low class joints either. Pacman could guide them to the classy joints.

hahahahahhaahaha:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

My thoughts exactly :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

PosterChild

Reaction score
jterrell;2059019 said:
•Adam "Pac-Man" Jones is entering the nfl with just two years of starting experience, having opted to forgo his senior season at West Virginia. Jones has decent height and average size. He gets pushed around by larger receivers so he may need to bulk up some and get stronger to better handle some of the larger NFL receivers. What he loses in size, he makes up for with outstanding atletic ability. He began his career fast, running a 4.41 40 as a freshman and ended it even faster, improving his time to 4.31. He is a true "playmaker" who has a real nose for the football. He has the speed to cover anybody on the football field and does a good job of timnig his jumps when going after a ball in the air. He tends to get a little overaggressive at times which can lead to costly penalties or giving up a big play when he goes for the interception instead of playing it safe. In run support Jones is a solid tackler who hits hard and does a good job of stripping the football. Jones is not only an excellent cornerback, but an excellent special teams player as well. He plays on the kickoff coverage team and is one of the most exciting kickoff returners in the nation. He earned Big East special teams player of the year honors for his efforts in 2004. He didn't leave a great last impression in his final college game, fumbling a kickoff and being flagged for two costly personal foul penalties, but he is one of the best defensive backs coming out and he continues to improve on a weekly basis. "Pac-Man" has what it takes to develop into a top corner at the professional level and should be a first round pick on draft day.

Source: OTC Draft.com (http://2005.otcdraft.com/content/profiles/cornerback/Pac-ManJones.php)

I don't why but I was thinking Felix not Adam. So many Joneses,can't keep up with 'em.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody concerned about Pacman's influence on the rookie corners? Just wondering aloud...
On the field, he should be a real positive influence. Adam was a star before his suspension, so the rooks will benefit in that sense. It's off the field which could be a problem, but if they stay away from the trash bag aisle and any ATMs, they should be fine.

tunahelper

Reaction score

Ya, In his own mind!

Just kidding, I am happy with the new GM Jerry...

starfrombirth

Reaction score
let's run down the list

4.37 Newman
4.38 Jenkins
4.36 Scandrick
4.3 Jones

noice

I seem to remember Ball being timed last year at 4.37. Is that not correct?:confused:

Jake0

Reaction score
Courtney Brown was the sub 4.4 guy, Ball was like 4.6ish iirc.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Jake0;2059068 said:
Courtney Brown was the sub 4.4 guy, Ball was like 4.6ish iirc.

Actually I just looked on scouts.com and they had him as 4.47 . Still that aint bad. Brown is the safety right?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
starfrombirth;2059075 said:
Actually I just looked on scouts.com and they had him as 4.47 . Still that aint bad. Brown is the safety right?

He ran a 4.32 at his pro day, FWIW.

He was a corner in college. We moved him to FS last year.