Twitter: Worley contract details

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think they are moving on from Chido and Lewis. Brown is going to be the nickel corner.

Chido is our best corner. He is FA after 2020 though. But 2nd round 60th pick overall. and 2 solid seasons.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A one year signing bonus is aweful big, for a player that wasn't redigned by his last team? I hope they really seen something from this guy that's better than our guys and dtaft choices
Giving Worley a 1 million dollar bonus is nothing. That’s like a tenner to Jerry.

Yes, a 1 year contract for 2.5M to 3.5M is a "fog the mirror" contract for a veteran CB that has started 49 NFL games.

A player like Buster Skrine that has been primarily a Nickel CB is making 5.5M per season with the Bears.

The Cowboys signed a returning from major injury Anthony Brown for 5.1M average.

Career special teams player, CB CJ Goodwin is set to make about 1M.

Maurice Canady has 4 total starts with 4 seasons in the NFL. He signed for 1.2M.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Odd contract, why pay Brown like they did? I guess Chido is going to S

The Cowboys got a good deal on Anthony Brown if you look at the contracts for all CBs in the NFL.

Brown has been much better than most fans/media believe.

The issue is that they have to assume that he might not be ready by game 1 considering he is returning from a major knee injury.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Chido is our best corner. He is FA after 2020 though. But 2nd round 60th pick overall. and 2 solid seasons.
That means nothing to the new coaching staff. They obviously have a plan with defense. To bad we have to wait to camp to watch it play out.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Don't forget Saivion Smith in the CB discussion.

He is the exact same size as the new guys we drafted. Still very young. Just came out in 2019. He played for 'Bama, which is a scheme we are looking to emulate. He is a classic press-corner.

NFL.com had him as a 4th/5th rounder and his player comp? Daryl Worley.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
man i dont see this as a good signing,we should have signed a real SS.now we have a bunch of FS and Wilson.

I'm sure he was signed to be a CB.

We have other options at SS. I'd say Dix, Woods, and Awuzie could all play there. There was some noise about Robinson at S too.

They said Dix would play FS when we signed him, but he has played SS too. Maybe Awuzie to FS, Dix to strong? Just in terms of football players, I'd say they're the best options, though it's unclear how fast Awuzie can pick up S. And Awuzie isn't that big, but he is a good run support tackler. Maybe he'll play SS.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Wow, more than I expected. I was thinking he was just brought in as vet depth/insurance in case our rookies don't progress as planned, but I think it's safe to say he'll be on the team this year and playing (at least some) on Sundays.

Canady was also brought in with 2 good rookies added to the mix makes me excited for the competition. Awuzie and Lewis should be a little nervous.
I would say 1 CB between Awuzie, Robinson and Worley will definitely be moved to S.

I seriously doubt we bring in Worley and pay him a decent salary to try to change his position. I can see moving a guy we signed earlier because things changed since we signed him, but Worley is the last guy brought in; he should plug a current hole.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When you don't resign a three or four year player, they definitely arent viewed by that team as anything special. Otherwise, they'd be getting resigned. We are promising a lot of money to a player that wasn't resigned by his team. That's saying something. It means we are valuing him way over his former team ;). That's the point ! Is he worth it. Secondly,. Your attitude in Ur response is what makes this forum the hateful place it is most days. Does it family allow you to talk to them this way? Do Ur co workers? You know it's possible to discuss sports and other things without being disrespectful and condescending? :). You aren't ever going to make it as a guest on mister Rogers neighborhood this way, or have good relationships with others.

It's saying that you don't get NFL starting CBs for a stick of gum. Worley is a 4 year vet who has started since his 5th game his rookie season. We obviously wanted to go bigger, longer, stronger at CB, and he's bigger. 6-1, 215, 33 3/8 inch arms.

Poor speed, though. Combine 4.64 40 for a NFL CB? Yikes!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Wow, more than I expected. I was thinking he was just brought in as vet depth/insurance in case our rookies don't progress as planned, but I think it's safe to say he'll be on the team this year and playing (at least some) on Sundays.

Canady was also brought in with 2 good rookies added to the mix makes me excited for the competition. Awuzie and Lewis should be a little nervous.
I would say 1 CB between Awuzie, Robinson and Worley will definitely be moved to S.
Awuzie and Lewis are not and will not be nervous, just trust me.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It's saying that you don't get NFL starting CBs for a stick of gum. Worley is a 4 year vet who has started since his 5th game his rookie season. We obviously wanted to go bigger, longer, stronger at CB, and he's bigger. 6-1, 215, 33 3/8 inch arms.

Poor speed, though. Combine 4.64 40 for a NFL CB? Yikes!

except Chido has better stats. And Chido is a 2nd round pick.

btcutter

Reaction score
This signing makes me wonder if Anthony Brown's rehab is not as well as expected and they are covering themselves for it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
"Best" is a relative term. Best for the old scheme? Probably. Best as a press-man CB? Not so sure. I think the new staff also has its doubts.

We seemed to play a lot of off man cover in 2019.

Are we playing press cover every play in 2020?

lockster

Reaction score
It doesn't mean they do not SUCK, because they do not retain them after 3 or 4 years. If you do not understand this, then that is not on me.
And what language are you talking about. Wow, must be amazing to have become the forum police so soon. Telling me I have an attitude in my response as if I am a hater. You have a lot to learn dude. So just stop. So take your Mr. Rogers attitude elsewhere.
I think U just slaughtered Ur first sentence in the paragraph. lol