Worse execution ever

joseephuss

Reaction score
Did you watch the K-State/OU game?

K-State has to punt from around their own 15 yard line or so. Every one on the punt team is out there lined up except the punter.

Okay, what do you do? I think most teams recognize that their punter is not out there. Perhaps the up back or at least the deep snapper has to notice that the punter isn't in the game. Come on, the deep snapper has to look back between his legs to see if the punter is ready. Perhaps they notice and have to burn a time out or take a delay of game penalty.

None of that happens. The deep snapper snaps the ball and it bounces out the back of the end zone for a safety.

I have seen many football games and that goes up there as some of the worse execution I have ever seen. Almost everything in football can be broken down to something very basic. Things like hit the guy in front of you, tackle the guy with the ball and when running with the ball avoid the guy in front of you. Seems like these are even more basic: make sure you deep snap it to a team mate and if you are the punter you should be in the game when your team is punting. It was very comical.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
There was absolutely nothing wrong w/ that play whatsoever. :lmao2:

royhitshard

Reaction score
Dallas said:
There was absolutely nothing wrong w/ that play whatsoever. :lmao2:
With the exception that the ball went out of the endzone. Could of had a touchdown if it would have stayed in bounds! Other than that, there was nothing wrong with it!!! :laugh1:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
royhitshard said:
With the exception that the ball went out of the endzone. Could of had a touchdown if it would have stayed in bounds! Other than that, there was nothing wrong with it!!! :laugh1:

True Dat !!

Next time let the ball flutter around in the endzone so that OU can have the TD. I mean KSU gave us 2. Why not 6? :laugh2: