Worst move ever?

burmafrd

Reaction score
The Galloway trade to me Is the worst. Jimmy was going to leave soon no matter what-that is clear. He MIGHT have hung around one more year but that is about it.
BUT the Galloway trade cost us 2 first rd picks when we needed them the most. Though one could argue with Jerruh and Lacewell doing the drafting.....

The UNAVOIDABLE was Jimmy leaving
The AVOIDABLE was the Galloway trade and hiring Campo and then Doughboy. RW trade hurt but not as much and we did get some production out of him. QC= well its not like we cut anyone because of him that we missed.
Randy Moss- would have been interesting but considering how soon Troy was gone and the general decline of the rest of the team at that time- I doubt it would have made much difference. Murray is not even a blip on that meter.

You look at the period of 98-02 and we sucked in every way possible much of the time. Top to bottom from drafting to FA to Coaching. Jerruh was a league wide JOKE as a GM during that time period.

visionary

Reaction score
What's the worst transaction, or non transaction in Jerry's history? Can't help but to keep thinking this type of season, or 20 seasons, doesn't happen to anyone else. I think the tone of this season was set when they decided to let Murray, Durant, Carter, and Harris walk, and then deciding Weeden was a good enough choice for backup when Tony went down.
(We all knew he would for at least a certain amount of time) We were SuperBowl ready. So here's my question. Can you think of the one that sets you off the most?

1) Jimmy leaving?
2) Not resigning Murray?
3) Not drafting Randy Moss?
4) Campo, Phillips?
5) QC in the 2nd?

Others????

There are SO MANY bad Jerry moves that it would take me all night to chronicle them, however the worst move ever is easy

Keeping himself as GM

Everything else flows that really really really (did I say really?) bad move

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd say passing on Moss was a far shot worse than coughing up a ransom for an above average player in Galloway.

To answer the implication of the thread, signing Murray would have been a mistake at his market rate, so it doesn't really belong on a list of wrong moves, much less 'worst moves.'

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess Cowboys history doesn't go back past the early 90's.

We made just as many mistakes back in the 60's, 70's and 80's also.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
i would say the trade for Roy Wiliams was bad enough by itself(a 1st and a 3rd) but I understand the desire to match TO up with another weapon. But the extension was inexcusable. Six years and 54m was insane. He only caught 93 passes in 40 games before he was released 3 year later.

The Galloway trade was bad because he got hurt in his first game. If he stayed healthy people would have a lot more favorable opinion. His career with DAL was with some bad QBs but afterwards he still showed some abilities. Two firsts were a big price but Troy did need some weapons and then he abruptly retired to make it worse.

VoR

Reaction score
There are SO MANY bad Jerry moves that it would take me all night to chronicle them, however the worst move ever is easy

Keeping himself as GM

Everything else flows that really really really (did I say really?) bad move

Well said.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Passing on Randy Moss. I think Dallas would've won one more Super Bowl in the 90's with him.