Worst Wide Recievers in Cowboys History

TexasTornado

Reaction score
My pick would be Joey Galloway. We gave up alot to get him and well he just didn't live up to his abilities. Is he the worst Cowboy receiver ever - NO - but in my book he definitely wasn't worth two #1 picks.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I would have loved to have those two #1 picks back...

Joey Galloway. Very expensive and didn't live up to the hype. His first season in Dallas was ended in week 1 of 2000 courtesy of cornerback Al Harris, and this further increased his cost to benefit ratio.

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2278094 said:
I would have loved to have those two #1 picks back...

Joey Galloway. Very expensive and didn't live up to the hype. His first season in Dallas was ended in week 1 of 2000 courtesy of cornerback Al Harris, and this further increased his cost to benefit ratio.

Didnt Seattle get Shaun Alexander and Hutch out of those picks?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2278134 said:
Didnt Seattle get Shaun Alexander and Hutch out of those picks?

Yes, they did. Shaun Alexander was always a bit of a softie, but I would have loved to have him replace Emmitt.

If nothing else, the lack of 1st round picks prolonged our rebuilding process. This of course assumes that JJ and company don't botch those picks.

MONT17

Reaction score
While jerry is the gm u can expect more of the same. When u can't evaluate ur own talent u end up slumping the end of careers of hof players. Look at elway troy should have playd another 5 yrs but the lack of talent cut his career short. The way this team develops olmen and wrs it won't be long b4 romo is beat up too.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
MrKennedyKennedy;2272962 said:
The Cowboys have had a history of great wideouts.

But for every Michael Irvin, there have probably been some bad wideouts who couldn't catch a cold.

Who would you put on the opposite end of Cowboys wideouts?

Stephert Williams
Alexander Wright
Billy Davis

Come on that is like asking for prom queen runner ups more than you could ever imagine

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Dodger12;2273039 said:
The year after Patrick Jeffers left Dallas, he had over 1000 yards and 12 TD's for Carolina until he blew out his knee and (I think) had micro-fracture surgery which ended his career. He was playing pretty well for Carolina and was far from our worst our worst WR.

That's exactly right. Jeffers was actually developing extremely well and that microfracture surgery ended his career. In fact, he sued the doctors that performed it as he felt they were at fault for the end result, but I never did hear the outcome of that case.

Jeffers's most memorable moment with us was a huge catch against the Vikes on Thanksgiving in 1998, the 46-36 game.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Aikbach;2272974 said:
Corey Fleming, thank goodness Kevin Williams and Michael Irvin never were injured in 1995 because Fleming was a disaster, made one good play in his three year career after being a second round pick by the 49ers.

I will always remember Switzer playfully exclaiming "Cory Fleming caught a pass" in the locker room after we beat the Vikes in '95 in OT on Sunday Night Football on TNT. This was featured on the first "Six Days to Sunday" special that they did on us, that was "Hard Knocks" before there was a "Hard Knocks".

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Aikbach;2272981 said:
Jeff Ogden and Chris Brazzell and Jason Tucker were actually starters after Irvin went down in 1999, yuck!

All the more reason why I will always maintain that Gailey got a very raw deal, especially considering that it was his starting QB who threw him under the bus more than anyone, that '99 season.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Haven't seen MarTay Jenkins's name mentioned in this thread, he had a couple of barely average seasons in Arizona after leaving us but did nothing in Dallas.

EDIT: I stand corrected somewhat, just Wikipedia'd him and saw where he set an NFL kick return yards record in a season in 2000 for the Cards. Impressive, even if it wasn't on offense per se.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ;2279134 said:
Peerless Price was junk, same goes for Quincy Morgan.

Yes, Peerless seemed to have lots of peers, and was nothing special. Quincy Morgan was doomed by his first name alone...