Would any other team in the NFL give Prescott 35 million?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People seem to have no idea what the QB market is.

I'll give a hint, it's scarce.

Any QB that has seen pro bowls and is as young as he is is going to get top dollar for the scarcest and most valuable position in the NFL.
Its really bizarre why Dak has the representation he does. I've seen other fans embrace their teams quarterbacks who are inferior to him and who don't win as much as he does.....its like this whole title of "4th round quarterback" has skewed the perception of him.

We were told his team was "stacked" around him. Those same "stacked" players are gone. Witten retired(he's back now), Dez....essentially retired, Terrence Williams out of the league, Brice Butler out of the league, Cole Beasley in Buffalo........this so called "stacked team" doesn't even play in this league anymore and with the exception of Witten.....all of those guys were under 30 for the most part. But Dak's team is stacked and has great coaching. What a joke.

jnday

Reaction score
That's stupid. He couldn't' even shine in preseason against inferior talent and guys halfassing it but I'm suppose to believe he'd flourish with talent? If its that easy to play in the NFL why doesn't anyone else think of it? Why did the Seahawks just spend 35 million Russell when they can just trade for Nick Mullens and build around him? That's a genius concept there.
Wilson is a good QB. And better than Mullins. I have my doubts that Dak is. I am not the only one that has this opinion because several football analysts have spoke about Mullins chances in Dallas. I figure I know more about Dak than most posters since I have been following him since high school. The only thing that can improve Dak at this point and get the most out of him is the coaching staff encouraging him to run much more than he has in Dallas. He is a better running QB than passing QBS.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wilson is a good QB. And better than Mullins. I have my doubts that Dak is. I am not the only one that has this opinion because several football analysts have spoke about Mullins chances in Dallas. I figure I know more about Dak than most posters since I have been following him since high school. The only thing that can improve Dak at this point and get the most out of him is the coaching staff encouraging him to run much more than he has in Dallas. He is a better running QB than passing QBS.
Ok let’s say Dak sucks. You said Mullins can flourish around good talent so why wouldn’t the Seahawks save that 35 million and use it on players to build around Mullins since he will flourish? Why would anyone sign a quarterback to big money when according to you all you gotta do is trade for Mullen’s and build a team around him?

And you watching Dak in high school has nothing to do with your evaluation on him.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Um two years ago when the Eagles won. No reason to limit it to "sign as their starter". That'd be like excluding draft picks that weren't supposed to start.
So the last two non-Patriot wins have been through FA QBs

If you're talking about Foles and the eagles he WAS sighned to be Wentz backup and because Wentz can't stay healthy. Wentz first go around in philly he could win the starting job permanently having one good game and then 2 bad games so after 3 seasons the eagles traded him to the rams and lost his starting job to Case Keenum. After that single season the rams released him and he signed to be the backup in KC. After just one season KC released him and then had his second go around in philly. the 2016 season when the eagles won the Super Bow3l, Foles started the last regular season game. In 2017 he started the last 3 games. He WAS NOT signed to be a starting QB and lucked out being the winning QB in a Super Bowl. If it were to happen that the Cowboys did what they really won't do and trade Prescott you could get as yo9u say all giddy with one of those QB but you could end up like all of the others who were all giddy about high rated and drafted QB's that turned out to be busts in the NFL There is ZERO guarantee that even highly touted and highly drafted QB's will be any good in the NFL. The list is a mile long of QB's taken as high as the very first pick and every.pick after that who turned out to be busts.

Xeven

Reaction score
No but for Dallas he is worth more because the team is built around him.

jnday

Reaction score
Ok let’s say Dak sucks. You said Mullins can flourish around good talent so why wouldn’t the Seahawks save that 35 million and use it on players to build around Mullins since he will flourish? Why would anyone sign a quarterback to big money when according to you all you gotta do is trade for Mullen’s and build a team around him?

And you watching Dak in high school has nothing to do with your evaluation on him.
I didn’t say any team. I said Mullins could so well in Dallas. I also said he is not the only QB that could do very well in Dallas. I don’t care about the Seahawks and they are not Dallas. They don’t have the talent that Dallas has at the current time. Knowing Dak’s faults throughout high school, college and now the pros has everything to do with my evaluation. He is the same player with the same faults which tells me that he is never going to be a good consistent passer and display good pocket awareness. Dak works really hard and has great intangibles, but so did Tebow. Intangibles can only take Dak so far just like Tebow.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Here are Dallas' rankings from last year:
Passing yards 23rd
Passing TDs 23rd
Rushing yards 10th
Rushing TDs 19th
Overall points 22nd
Defensive yards 7th
Points allowed 6th

I'm a broken record, I know. Why exactly does Dak get the credit for "just winning"? The worst aspect of the team is its passing game.

Would some team pay Dak a lot of money? Maybe. It just takes one. Would that team win anything? Well, if they didn't have an elite defense, no. And paying Dak $35m per year makes that harder than paying some QB significantly less than that.

In the Zeke threads, people have pointed out that Zeke is more valuable as trade bait than on the team at $15m per year. I actually agree with that. The same thing is true for Dak. If you are convinced some team will give him $35m, trade him for picks and then pick up some high level back up to drive the bus.

Maybe worth its own thread, but how many different teams could Dallas switch Zeke and Dak for their QB and RB and be a super bowl contender? 10? 15? These guys aren't that special that they deserve to be among the highest paid players in the NFL. They are just using their leverage over a team that is pretty good to maximize their earnings.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn’t say any team. I said Mullins could so well in Dallas. I also said he is not the only QB that could do very well in Dallas. I don’t care about the Seahawks and they are not Dallas. They don’t have the talent that Dallas has at the current time. Knowing Dak’s faults throughout high school, college and now the pros has everything to do with my evaluation. He is the same player with the same faults which tells me that he is never going to be a good consistent passer and display good pocket awareness. Dak works really hard and has great intangibles, but so did Tebow. Intangibles can only take Dak so far just like Tebow.
Tebow has great intangibles? Really? And if you followed Brady’s faults in high school and college....you think it would equate to a hall of fame player? Mullen’s is a bum. The infatuation you guys have with him is he reminds you guys of Romo.

And forget the Seahawks....if getting a quarterback is so easy why didn’t the Vikings just trade for a player the caliber of Nick Mullens instead of spending it on Cousins?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak works really hard and has great intangibles, but so did Tebow. Intangibles can only take Dak so far just like Tebow.

Comparing Dak to Tebow is a great way to flush any credibility right down the toilet. You're talking about a guy who couldn't even complete 49% of his passes in today's NFL.

We could debate how good of a pro QB Dak is all day long, but Tebow had no business playing QB in the NFL in the first place.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I'm going to take your hating Prescott rant as just that, you hate Prescott. Now if Prescott was so bad and hasn't changed or improved since high school (that alone is so laughable) how did this really bad QB end up with the NFL offensive rookie of the year award and end up his rookie year with a 104.9 passer rating and set an NFL record for the fewest picks by any rookie QB who started the entire season EVER. Here's another thing that if Prescott was as bad as you claim why is it that none of the former B announcers and analysts have ever questioned how Prescott did those things or how he got into the NFL. Why, because they don't have the Pre3scott blinders on that distort his play. No I'm not saying Prescott is the best QB in the NFL but he's a heck of a lot closer to the top than the bottom. And comparing Prescott to Tebow just show just how little you actually know about the game.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I like dak as a quarterback. I think he's only going to get better. However i'm against paying him top 3 quarterback money. You can say thats the market all you want but every quarterback situation is different.

Looking at the top 10 quarterbacks by salary you have - Stafford, Cousins, Luck, Brady, Rodgers, Russel Wilson, Big Ben, Cam, Eli and Rivers.

5 of those guys have won a SB, One of them has been to a SB and lost (Cam).

The other four (Stafford, Cousins, Luck and Rivers) have had proven years where they have carried their teams with little talent around them. They are capable of putting up 400+ yard passing games every week. Maybe a little less so in cousins case but he had some great years in Washington. Some of those players don't have nearly the talent we have on the team and they still have put up big numbers and/or won.

In daks case this is a guy that the coaching staff literally didn't trust at times to throw the ball early last year. I'm a dak fan, but i'd rather let him play out the first couple of games before i give him a huge extension. I think he still has more to prove.