Would Cliff Harris be banned in todays NFL.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Ok now Cliff Harris was way before my time. I think he retired long before I was even born. But I know of his greatness. Take a look at some of the things I have in my sig that Cliff Harris said. I thought those were some good things he said. They are also as true as can be. The NFL is turning into a combo of Arena Football and Flag Football. I just hope more players like Cliff speak out.

So that got me to thinking. If Cliff Harris could get a wish where he could play in todays NFL. Would the NFL consider him such a terror that they would just ban him.

And not just Cliff Harris. Would alot of those players from way back then get banned in todays NFL for the way they would play.

Deacon Moss

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Ok now Cliff Harris was way before my time. I think he retired long before I was even born. But I know of his greatness. Take a look at some of the things I have in my sig that Cliff Harris said. I thought those were some good things he said. They are also as true as can be. The NFL is turning into a combo of Arena Football and Flag Football. I just hope more players like Cliff speak out.

So that got me to thinking. If Cliff Harris could get a wish where he could play in todays NFL. Would the NFL consider him such a terror that they would just ban him.

And not just Cliff Harris. Would alot of those players from way back then get banned in todays NFL for the way they would play.

Dont forget Chuck Cecil either!!!

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
nope cliff wouldnt get banned, in addition to being a wild man he
always played really smart so i think he would do whatever he had to
do to stay in the game.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
For you people that never got to see him...

Cliff loved contact and he caused more alligator arms than any player I have seen before or since...He was never satisified with just a knock down he wanted the knock out...think Roy or Woody with a real mean, mean streak...

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Captain crash...He could talk the talk and walk the walk.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Zaxor said:

Cliff loved contact and he caused more alligator arms than any player I have seen before or since...He was never satisified with just a knock down he wanted the knock out...think Roy or Woody with a real mean, mean streak...

Could not have said it better myself.

:hammer:

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Zaxor said:

yeah,I saw him play as a kid and Zaxor is absolutely right.According to Charlie Waters,Cliff's running buddy,Cliff holds the unnofficial record for most knockouts by a Cowboy.