Would Cowboys rather play Eagles or 49ers in second round?

Creeper

Reaction score
OK, I will be the contrarian. I would rather play the 49ers. First, I don't think Seattle is a very good football team so the 49ers win over them does not impress me. Seattle lost 5 of their last 7 games, and their last game against the Rams they needed OT to win. I think the Cowboys have a much better defense and offense than Seattle. Yes, the 49ers have a lot of weapons, and their ability to run the football scares me a little. But as much as I like how Purdy has been playing, I don't see him running away from Micah Parsons. But the game, I think, would depend on the Cowboys offense. Which Dak will show up?

The 49ers have really only played 1 legitimate offense, the Chiefs, and they gave up 44 points to the Chiefs. If the Cowboys offense showed up to play, I think they could handle the 49ers defense.

I think the Eagles and 49ers will face off for the NFC championship and I think the Eagles are going to beat them badly.

Ok, have at it!

Sydla

Reaction score
Philly.

One, we are 8-4 in our last 12 against them. We've won in Philly so we likely won't be intimidated playing in that place. We beat them already this year (granted against their backup) and they got a win over us (when we were playing our backup), so I feel the matchup is better for us.

San Fran is just a bad matchup. They can run the ball. They gashed Seattle, who granted has a bad run D (we aren't that much better). Honestly, they could probably run the ball 40 times, throw in 20 times and still beat us. They also play good, sound defensive football. They lead the league in interceptions which is an issue given how loose Dak has been with the ball.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Once you get to the Playoffs, it shouldn't matter anymore. If you can't beat the Eagles or if you can't beat the 49ers then you can't achieve your ultimate goal of winning the superbowl. It's like people are wanting us to luck out and win the big one instead of doing it based on Talent.

Bugsy12

Reaction score
Would the Cowboys rather play the Iggles in the 2nd round or the 49'rs.
That would make a difference on who to root for tomorrow in the giints game.
I would take san Fran. I like my chances of Quinn and Micah against some rookie named Purdy. Would give us huge momentum going into the championship game.

meddleroidz

Reaction score
I want the Eagles in the NFC Championship game. Would be epic and one of the most watched game ever. People are saying Eagles first but I don't know. They are really good when everyone is healthy.
the seeding is unlikely for that to happen.

Metalman

Reaction score
i dont care,it would mean we finally beat brady
,although your more likely for inclement weather in phiily in january

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Would the Cowboys rather play the Iggles in the 2nd round or the 49'rs.
That would make a difference on who to root for tomorrow in the giints game.
There is a 2nd round in the playoffs ??? :oops:

Reactions: ICP

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Either they're good enough to beat whoever they play or they aren't. Just win.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I think if they play Philly, they will definitely have to play SF the following week. However, if they play SF first, the Giants have a shot to knock off the Eagles.

So, it's either 100% play both on the road to get to the Superbowl, or have a chance to play the Giants at home for the Championship game.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
San Francisco is way too physical for the Cowboys, they would have a better chance against Philly. The way Dak has been playing San Francisco’s number one defense would clamp our running game and make his life miserable. He would suffer multiple turnovers.
This x 1000. After the playoff game last year...I said that the 49ers would beat us 7 out of 10 times if we played 10 times on a neutral field.

Metalman

Reaction score
all i got to say is if last weeks team shows up the second round is irrelevant,we wont be there.if we play the kind of defense we are capable of we can beat anybody.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I say 49s because Purdy, while having a great interim period, is still a rookie and as such is more prone to rattling or just having an off day, imo.
You seriously are dismissing the evil things the 49ers defense would do to our offense.

Reactions: ICP

fivetwos

Reaction score
Let’s get as far as possible so we can reinforce that the Stephen Jones draft only to improve strategy is ‘oh so close’ to taking over the world.

Maybe sit out free agency yet again while everyone else in contention gets better.