Would Cowboys trade Amari Cooper?

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
No but if I'm the Jones', I'd trade Jaylon Smith to some team for a bottle of JWB (If a team would even consider that being a fair trade at this point).....at least JWB would give the Jones Boyz a good buzz and make them feel good.....no let down there!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Out of all of the WR's, Cooper is the one I would think about trading. He's great and I like him, but you have to consider the money.

tico

Reaction score
Gallup is getting better and sky's the limit for Lamb.
Easy decision + economical makes sense

Proof

Reaction score
I didn't think it was financially possible.

You're asking the wrong guy because I wanted his money spent on defense all along.

I'd move him for a 2nd and 5th in a minute.

Will Jerry? Doubtful. Those 19 jerseys are still hot.

the Cowboys spend money like dick heads. Much rather they address the D w/ the inevitable high picks

Proof

Reaction score
Anyone considering trading Amari should be considering Gallup first. This is madness

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'd trade him in a second to lose that contract. I hope it actually happens.

Proof

Reaction score
Which WR would you get more value in a trade?

Probably Cooper? But considering Gallup’s ascending nature and rookie contract it might be comparable. You then have to factor in how much it would cost us to trade Cooper. Along with with what each brings to the team respectively.

zerofill

Reaction score
I would like to keep Coop... but I frankly don't care if they forfeit the rest of the season, and terminate every player on the team right now.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Probably Cooper? But considering Gallup’s ascending nature and rookie contract it might be comparable. You then have to factor in how much it would cost us to trade Cooper. Along with with what each brings to the team respectively.
That's my point. Cooper is marginally better. Gallup and Lamb are on rookie contracts for multiple years. You'll get more for Cooper if you find the right partner. There's more upside to trading Cooper because it's not as big a hole to fill. Hey, I would keep all 3 but this incompetent FO refuses to build a proper defense.

Proof

Reaction score
That's my point. Cooper is marginally better. Gallup and Lamb are on rookie contracts for multiple years. You'll get more for Cooper if you find the right partner. There's more upside to trading Cooper because it's not as big a hole to fill. Hey, I would keep all 3 but this incompetent FO refuses to build a proper defense.

cooper is not marginally better. He’s vastly superior to Gallup and directly responsible for what we currently think of Gallup. And it’s not multiple years for Gallup either, it’s one more. Amari is a much bigger hole to fill as well because he can play all over the formation at a high level.

and I love Gallup. Amari is just much much better

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I would trade Cooper or Gallup for premium picks.

Especially Cooper.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
cooper is not marginally better. He’s vastly superior to Gallup and directly responsible for what we currently think of Gallup. And it’s not multiple years for Gallup either, it’s one more. Amari is a much bigger hole to fill as well because he can play all over the formation at a high level.
Cooper isn't consistent enough for me to prop him up like he's some no. 2 WR whisperer like you. And he hasn't been his entire career. This season isn't over, so yes, it's multiple years. Even if you don't agree.

dwreck27

Reaction score
If someone offered a 2nd I’d jump at it...

In a perfect world a contender who knows their drafting late jn the 1st gets desperate (like we did) and pulls the trigger