Would Keyshawn really leave before BP?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parcells has traded Key before. So it's not out of the realm of possibility for him to go.

But if we want to look at comparable numbers for Key, I would suggest looking at the contract for Keenan McCardell that he got from SD. They were about the same age when McCardell wanted a new contract from Tampa and was traded.

Can't find the exact numbers right now. But if I were Stephen and Jerry, I'd look at that contract as a guide.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Key is a team player, He will play with who ever Jerry puts on the Field. Cant say that for TO.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
I honestly don't think Key could co-exist with the likes of Owens.

Anyone remember him being miked up when he was with Tampa vs. the Colts? All he could do all game was bash Marvin Harrison. Harrison is twice the player Keyshawn is.

Could you imagine him going to practice every day knowing he was second fiddle to Owens?

I guess he fools himself into thinking he is better than Glenn, so maybe that would work Owens too.

I'd gladly take Keyshawn as a Commander if Parcells lets him go and signs TO. I would think this would be a foolish move.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
You just blitz Bledsoe and watch our porous line kill him before he can even get into his drop.

Rich..............

And that is the reason this team won't even sniff a championship.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I will be so freakin' glad when Owens is cut and whatever is going to happen happens. Then maybe we can have a thread about someone else around here and not have every discussion turn into yet another damn TO thread.

BTW I sincerely HOPE that whatever happens does NOT include Owens coming to Dallas. I love the Cowboys but I'm not sure how much of that jackass I can watch.

1fisher

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
we're not signing TO, I know this is a hard concept for alot of you to grasp, but it aint happening

David

I hope you know what you are talking about.... that would make my day!

If you know what you are talking about = :bow:

If you DON'T know what you are talking about = :moon:

1fisher

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I will be so freakin' glad when Owens is cut and whatever is going to happen happens. Then maybe we can have a thread about someone else around here and not have every discussion turn into yet another damn TO thread.

BTW I sincerely HOPE that whatever happens does NOT include Owens coming to Dallas. I love the Cowboys but I'm not sure how much of that jackass I can watch.

I'm with you JM but you can rest assured if we don't sign him you will see threads like.... If only we would have signed TO.... TO could have really helped our offense.... blah blah blah........:D

cowheel

Reaction score
YoMick said:
Oh man I remember that... it WAS Key wasnt it.... I guess I blocked that out.... thinking back... I am still thinking it was someone else... LOL
I remember that too. LOL

I WILL say this though.

Harrison is a great receiver... but he could use a dose of Key's game too.
When is the last time you saw him go over the middle on 3rd and 5, right in there where the LB's a S's are, get smacked in the mouth, and hold onto the ball for a 1st down?

Most of the time you see Harrison catch passes - he's wide open, running a fly pattern.

That's a tribute to his speed and superb route running...
but sometimes when they're getting their arses kicked in those playoff games... how bout a little of the Keyshawn Johnson trademark toughness?

Instead of running 40 yards downfield... move the chains.

I got absolutely no gripes whatsoever with Key's game.
He might not be a home run hitter - but he's definitely one of the top possession receivers in the game.

And perhaps if the Colts had a true possession reciever... they'd be Champions by now.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
I hope you're right, David.

Me too. I personalyl think we have more pressing issues. I know TO doesn't look like he has aged. But he is getting up there in years. THough last year proved that we really are pretty close to the Super Bowl, I don't know if I would go for TO. Id rather trade for Javon Walker.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Apparently steve dennis said Dave shore of espn 1033 here in dallas talked to keyshawn this morning and he said that morts report was bogus and he said he isnt going anywhere and isnt planning on having to go anywhere>?

Interesting stuff to me... Also Steve Dennis said Dan campbell said he will probably sign with new orleans tonight!!!

Dan campbell has an interview to be on cbs 11 sunday night on the score with babe laufenberg.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
theebs said:
Apparently steve dennis said Dave shore of espn 1033 here in dallas talked to keyshawn this morning and he said that morts report was bogus and he said he isnt going anywhere and isnt planning on having to go anywhere
Key's being the consumate statesman. He knows his contract could be on the line and doesn't want to rock the boat.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
cowheel said:
I remember that too. LOL

I WILL say this though.

Harrison is a great receiver... but he could use a dose of Key's game too.
When is the last time you saw him go over the middle on 3rd and 5, right in there where the LB's a S's are, get smacked in the mouth, and hold onto the ball for a 1st down?

Most of the time you see Harrison catch passes - he's wide open, running a fly pattern.

That's a tribute to his speed and superb route running...
but sometimes when they're getting their arses kicked in those playoff games... how bout a little of the Keyshawn Johnson trademark toughness?

Instead of running 40 yards downfield... move the chains.

I got absolutely no gripes whatsoever with Key's game.
He might not be a home run hitter - but he's definitely one of the top possession receivers in the game.

And perhaps if the Colts had a true possession reciever... they'd be Champions by now.

Good post. Makes you think... a little "key" could help ALOT of players....
:bow:

Yeah you know with key moving the chains = FIRST DOWN!!!
and a game breaker in TO = TOUCHDOWN!!!
sounds like a good combination and one that BP has to be thinking of....

not to mention Witten and Jujo and Glenn etc...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TO + Keyshawn =

250px-Nuclear_fireball.jpg