Would Love To Have Chris Johnson

rags747

Reaction score
right about now. Over 1,200yds, 47 catches. Boy what would he add to this offense. There is Jerry's WOW...Our's is on injured reserve.

Love the Felix pick but CJ is proving to be very durable.

Discuss...

Dallasfan2010

Reaction score
Felix was on pace for rookie of the year before he got hurt, he was good for big league WOW moments about twice a game

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
CJ looks to be a heck of a player but Felix did too.

With Teshard and Barber on this roster i'd rather have Felix based on the small bit of evidence I have on both players.

Felix looks like what Reggie Bush did in College and thats the highest compliment I can give a rookie RB.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
rags747;2519079 said:
right about now. Over 1,200yds, 47 catches. Boy what would he add to this offense. There is Jerry's WOW...Our's is on injured reserve.

Discuss...

no reason to discuss...maybe Johnson gets hurt next yr and Felix doesnt...dems tha breaks

Felix looked spectacular before he got hurt, he was a great pick.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
rags747;2519079 said:

Discuss...

CJ is a good player and yes Felix is on IR but I have no quams about drafting Felix. Felix I believe is more dynamic than Johnson and Johnson is very dynamic. This has been a weird year for injuries and some of the weirdest ones have occurred.

Felix wasn't getting many touches so I think it was more of a freak of nature injury than anything. When Felix was playing, the guy was rookie of the week half the time and didn't touch the ball anywhere as much as CJ got too.

rathalarge

Reaction score
Easy to think that only because Felix got hurt. In turn, if we would have been using Choice earlier to go with Barber, soon after Felix was out, i think our real identity would have formed on offense. If we make the playoffs, the duo of a healthy(?) Barber and Choice will get us a deep run in the playoffs. Playoff football is about running the ball, IMO.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
rags747;2519079 said:

Discuss...

If Felix stayed healthy and was used to the level that Johnson was, I'm willing to bet he *could* have had similar numbers.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Felix is a better fit for us. Not to mention, he is VERY dynamic. It isn't his fault that he got injured.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I think Felix is more explosive than Johnson. Don't get me wrong; CJ is one heck of a player, but so is Felix. I would love to have Felix right now, but would we have gotten a chance to see what Choice can do?

That's just the roll of the dice my friend. But now that we know what Choice can do and the staff is not afraid to use him, just imagine next year when everyone (Barber, Jones, and Choice) are healthy...Everyone talks about Earth, Wind, and Fire in New York, but our Dynamic Trio will be better than that. Easily. If only we had an offensive coordinator that thought, "run" first....

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
rags747;2519079 said:

Discuss...

Not even a season in and Johnson is "very durable"? Is McFadden not durable too?

I think the Felix pick was great with some bad injury luck thrown in...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2519163 said:
I've never seen a single CJ run where I thought, "Wow, Felix can't do that."

Watch him take a hand-off next weekend. Felix can't do that! :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;2519169 said:
Watch him take a hand-off next weekend. Felix can't do that! :laugh2:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
The Rack watch is on......he should be here to blow up this thread in 5...4...3...2

On a serious note, I love Felix. Don't regret the pick for one minute. I think we are missing him more now then anyone is saying.

With that said, Chris Johnson is amazing and I can't see why anyone needs to hate on him just because we have Felix.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
CATCH17;2519098 said:
CJ looks to be a heck of a player but Felix did too.

With Teshard and Barber on this roster i'd rather have Felix based on the small bit of evidence I have on both players.

Felix looks like what Reggie Bush did in College and thats the highest compliment I can give a rookie RB.

8.9 YPC is a rookie is just insane. I never, EVER have seen or heard of that. It's one thing to have that average in college (7.9 career YPC if I recall) but to do that in the NFL is just absurd.

I'll take Felix anyday.

Reaction score
Felix Jones is the real deal... Just unfortunate that he got hurt, I'm sure he'll bounce back nicely in 2009.

The Panch

Reaction score
Dallasfan2010;2519096 said:
Felix was on pace for rookie of the year before he got hurt, he was good for big league WOW moments about twice a game
No he wasnt. He was making big runs, but Johnson and Ryan were always ahead of him. He only had 30 carries and 2 receptions in six games. Johnson is the focal point of that offense. Jones averaged 5 carries and 0.3 receptions a game. Johnson has averaged 16.7 carries and just under 3 carries per game. There's no comparison at all.

Choice has proven more this season than Jones just based on how many times his number has been called upon and how well he's delivered, particularly in receiving which Jones has only had two of. An unfair judgement I know, cause Choice had the opportunity being the feature back since Barber went out late in the Seattle game while Jones only came thru as Barber's back-up, but Tashard has delivered ever since.

Since he came in late in the Seattle game....

Rushing:
YPG: 81.5
Avg. 5.4
TDs: 2
Receiving:
YPG: 40.3
Avg. 9.5

He's ballin outta control. :cool:

Ren

Reaction score
Felix has been more then i ever thought he could be before he got hurt i have no problem at all with that pick who's to say Johnson would still be healthy had we drafted him?

We had one hell of a draft and if we had a do over i'd probably just want to swap the Jenkins pick for DeSean Jackson. Felix, Bennett, Choice and Scandrick have all been great and even if our season ends a week from now the future looks really bright with that group