Would Romo have us at 5-0?

keysersoze

Reaction score
I'm impressed with the power of your cognitive dissonance to have you ignore facts that don't fit your narrative, even when I point them out to you. What part of "high ankle sprain" don't you understand?

The last completed pass to TO was in the 2nd quarter.
TO played 4 weeks after breaking his ankle. In the super bowl with Philadelphia. That excuse holds no weight. Romo was not good that day. Especially in the second half.

keysersoze

Reaction score
But, some would have us to believe that Romo never missed open WR's and that every single pass he throw in his career was the perfectly thrown ball that he WR's never had to adjust to in order to catch.

Romo fans in their revisionist history forget about the big games against good teams that Romo came up short in. That game against the Skins(for the division) where he threw the game sealing INT at the end. The ugly 44-6 game against Philly. There were plenty of ugly games that the Cowboys had with Romo. And some that had more important implications that a October regular season game against the Packers.

Philly's D must of had Romo figured out in the 44-6 game and the Vikings D must have figured Romo out in the 34-3 playoff game. They use any poor offensive performances that Dak's Cowboys have to say that defenses make Dak have to beat them and that Dak can't do it. Yet, don't use the same logic when Romo's Cowboys have had poor offensive showings in a loss. But some pretend like these types of games that happened to the Cowboys with Romo as QB was never his fault . They blame Dak for the Cowboys getting blown out by the Packers for 3 quarters. But, then when it comes to the blow out losses the Cowboys had with Romo. They either blame the OL or the defense, even in games where Romo's offenses not putting up a lot of points or effort contributed to these blow out losses.
:clap::hammer::clap::hammer::yourock:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Next drive isn’t any better. Took another bad sack. Got an intentional grounding penalty. Wasted a timeout. Missed Owens deep yet again. Owens was definitely not out of gas. Announcers are also saying the 4th quarter was the first time the Giants got consistent pressure. Romo was relatively untouched until then so this vaunted defensive line wasn’t much of a factor. Romo was frustrated with the pressure.
Meh.

The team gave up a TD in under a minute at the end of the half.

Romo threw a TD pass to Fasano right in his hands and he dropped it. On the next play he threw a duck to TO and the team had to settle for the field goal.

Romo threw a sidearm pass after escaping the rush to Crayton who had nothing but open field in front of him which he dropped because he took his eyes off the ball. Romo threw a pass to Crayton at the end of the game that would have been a TD if he didn't stop on his route.

He hit TO on a long a ball in his hands and he dropped it. There are other instances where this happened. I saw this in all of two minutes.

Romo had plenty of times where he put the ball where it should be and the team let him down too.

Last edited:

keysersoze

Reaction score
Meh.

The team gave up a TD in under a minute at the end of the half.

Romo threw a TD pass to Fasano right in his hands and he dropped it. On the next play he threw a duck to TO and the team had to settle for the field goal.

Romo threw a sidearm pass after escaping the rust to Crayton who had nothing but open field in front of him which he dropped because he took his eyes off the ball. Romo threw a pass to Crayton and the end of the game that would have been a TD if he didn't stop on his route.

He hit TO on a long a ball in his hands and he dropped it. There are other instances where this happened. I saw this in all of two minutes.

Romo had plenty of times where he put the ball where it should be and the team let him down too.
Same things happened to Dak. But he’s not afforded the luxury of all the bs excuses Romo has ALWAYS received.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Give me some instances.
Amari Cooper’s tip turned interception. Dez Bryant’s numerous tips and drops. Need more?
Passes that people say were off target when Dak throws them would’ve been blamed on the receivers running the wrong route or not reading the coverage correctly thus not making the right adjustments when it’s Romo. Is that enough for ya?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No they got some pressure but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t have been overcome. Tony played poorly. No excuses. He plays better in the 4th and we could easily have won with 2 more field goals.

Dak would have been crushed on here for that performance. Personally I didn’t realize it was that bad. I knew about the missed pass to TO in the 3rd but didn’t realize how bad his 4th quarter was.

Neither Rodgers nor Brady, on the undefeated Patriots, overcame that pressure. Guess they're just loser QBs too.

"No excuses" is always the cry of people doing their best to ignore the facts.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Neither Rodgers nor Brady, on the undefeated Patriots, overcame that pressure. Guess they're just loser QBs too.

Shut that BS up. Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers have hardware. Romo doesn’t

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo was a perennial loser. They would be 3-2 tops.

I liked both Dak and Romo. Two completely different QB's, but both great.

Watching the game on Sunday seemed to be completely like a Romo game.

Fumbles, missed FG, defense sucks, abandon the run early, coaching is terrible, throws for lots of yards and lots of picks and we lose. The common denominator is Garrett and his horridly prepared team. The horrid defense, and the bumbling coaching and special teams.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Go watch the game and tell me plays weren’t there to be made. Because other QBs also failed doesn’t excuse Romo’s poor performance. You have been awfully critical of Dak yet seem really lenient towards Romo for this game. I don’t blame you, I bought some of those excuses too. Rewatching the 4th quarter to see if our weapons simply abandoned Romo, as you suggested, was really eye opening. I am going to watch quarters 1-3 tomorrow.

Here is a link to the game.